Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Places to live around Parkwest/Clondalkin

Options
  • 05-07-2004 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone!

I starting a job in Parkwest next month and Im not familiar with the area at all.

Was just wondering if anyone could point me in some direction and let me know of any nice area's around this place to live. I would be looking for a flat or apart for 2 people.

I have used some online sites offerring accomodation but most of them just search by Dublin code (e.g. Dublin 1, Dublin 7 etc), what Dublin code would this area be in? I know thats its fairly close to Clondalkin.

Thanks for all your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi trotter_inc

Park West is in either Dublin 10 or 22
    Cedar Brook is a new development located right beside Park West so that might be worth looking at.

Try Daft.ie it's very good.

HTH,
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Its Dublin 12, some nice apts being built around there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by trotter_inc
    what Dublin code would this area be in? I know thats its fairly close to Clondalkin.

Clondalkin is D22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Thats great - cheers lads!

Sorry lads - one more quick question....

Is it in Dublin West, Dublin East etc?? I presume because its called 'Parkwest' that its in the WEst???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

westish

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Best bet would be drive around the area and check out the aprtment blocks they all have a few for rent.

If you come out of Parkwest turn right and head towards clondalkin When you get to the juntion with lights turn left and above Xtravision are some aprtments for rent.
    If you dont like them head straight past Xtravision and right beside Mac Donalds are more flats (handy for dinner).

If you dont like them head up past Xtravision and turn left at the one way system follow it and turn left at the next Junction you come to with lights ,head up Monastery Road and there was more flats up that way.

Also you may notice when you leave Parkwest and head towards clondalkin lots of apartments being built ,may be cheaper to get one of those and commute for a bit.

Where did you get a job?

kdjac

Its South west officially.

West is Blanch
    South is bray area (well according to irishjobs.ie anyway )
    kdjac

Thanks Kdjac.

Got a job in a software company in the Joyces Way section of the Park.

Working in Limerick at the mo, looking forward to the move.

Thanks for all those details, just one question - the MacDonalds you're talking about... is that the one on the opposite side of the road to Woodies? Its shared with a garage and shop??

• Advertisement

No thats Kylemore/ Naas road, When you leave parkwest and turn left you in ballyfermot Dublin10 ,turn right and its Clondalkin.

There is a shopping centre (the mill) and a little village and stuff. Grand place to live everything is nice and close Cinema Swimming pools(there are 2 now yay) Gyms (4 of them i think) plenty of parks etc:

kdjac

Ah ok - Im sure I'll get used to it after a while =)

Sounds like a nice place, my home town is Arklow so I can commute for a week or two until I can get somewhere sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Clondalkin - new apartments going up every week, including some near Parkwest, well actually slap bang in Parkwest.

Communting from Arklow should be easy enough, Clondalkin does have a train station however all trains from Arklow run to Pearse/Tara Street. All trains through Clondalkin leave from Heuston.

Communting from Dublin city centre to Clondalkin is easy, especially getting to Parkwest (if you dont mind walking)

There is a bus that does service Parkwest directly , the 613, timetable can be found @ http://www.dualwaycoaches.com/route613.pdf (pdf file) - however as you will see it leaves at very irregular times.

Other routes include 68, 69, 51, 51B, 51C - which all leave from around Aston Quay in the city centre and will get you atleast to Clondalkin Village or pass nearby Parkwest itself.

However Clondalkin also has atleast 3 hackney ranks that do a local run (from Clondalkin village to Parkwest for about 6 euro a pop).

Your best bet for renting accomodation is to search daft.ie or contact Anne Kilgallon in Clondalkin Village if you are looking to buy

Thanks Ph3n0m!

I'll be driving when Im commuting but those bus times will be handy for my girlfriend if she gets a job in Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Thanks Ph3n0m!

I'll be driving when Im commuting but those bus times will be handy for my girlfriend if she gets a job in Dublin too.

Not in Clondalkin you wont!! We must have the worst traffic in Dublin in the morning. The Nangor Rd which runs by Parkwest usually has severe delays in the morning and evening. Unless you are leaving early you should be ok. They are extending the roads at the moment to put in an extra lane, I think its a bus lane, a bit pointless if it is as there are no Dublin Bus routes on that road

If you get somewhere around Clondalkin Village, you may find it quicker to walk to Parkwest.
    Originally posted by kdjac
    Swimming pools(there are 2 now yay)
    Two, Where is the other one?

Originally posted by lynchie
    Not in Clondalkin you wont!! We must have the worst traffic in Dublin in the morning. The Nangor Rd which runs by Parkwest usually has severe delays in the morning and evening. Unless you are leaving early you should be ok. They are extending the roads at the moment to put in an extra lane, I think its a bus lane, a bit pointless if it is as there are no Dublin Bus routes on that road

If you get somewhere around Clondalkin Village, you may find it quicker to walk to Parkwest.

Two, Where is the other one?

However when you are coming from the City Centre, the traffic is indeed lighter, which is how he will be arriving into ParkWest - going from Clondalkin outwards in the morning is very bloody difficult indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Monksfield / Woodford seem a nice enough area, with good access (bus, Luas, road) and close to Parkwest.
    Originally posted by Beruthiel
    Clondalkin is D22
    Parkwest is both D10 and D22. As best I know, Joyce Way is at the west (Clondalkin) end.
    Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    However when you are coming from the City Centre, the traffic is indeed lighter, which is how he will be arriving into ParkWest - going from Clondalkin outwards in the morning is very bloody difficult indeed
    Of course the best way from Arklow to Parkwest is probably via the M50!

Thanks Victor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Traffic around Clondalkin / Parkwest is brutal from 8.00am onwards. Get an apartment as close to the village as you can. You can walk to Parkwest in about 20 minutes from there. Buses are poor in Clondalkin especially around Bawnogue / 9th Lough area. CIE are also looking to shut down the station at 9th Lough too.

I used to live in Riverside, lovely quite place with 4 pubs within walking distance

Anyone know a estimate of commuting times from Balbriggan to Parkwest?

Im going to be working flexitime so I can either start work at 8 ish or 10 ish.

My girlfriend just got a job up there so might move up there until she starts driving herself.

• Advertisement

Im going to be working flexitime so I can either start work at 8 ish or 10 ish.

My girlfriend just got a job up there so might move up there until she starts driving herself.

do the 10 am start, otherwise you will have to be on the road, from about 6:30 to get there for 8.

simplest way is to get early morning train (get off at either tara or connelly station), walk to aston quay, and then bus it out Parkwest

depending on your timing it could stretch from 1 hr - 1 1/2 hrs (I dont know how long it takes to get from Balbriggan to City Centre)

Gym at liffey valley has a pool and the community centre has one.

kdjac

Arrow -> Connolly, Luas -> Heuston, Arrow -> Cherry Orchard Park West

Luas will radically improve the Dublin Connolly - Dublin Heuston transfer time

Thanks for that Victor!

Think I'll buy a helicopter - it'd be much easier =)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

The airport bus or the number 91 links Hueston to Busaras/Connolly all day, and I think it's about once every 5 mins or so...

The airport bus or the number 91 links Hueston to Busaras/Connolly all day, and I think it's about once every 5 mins or so...

According to Victors attachment it takes about 45 minutes to get across from Connolly to Hueston!

How long would it take to drive from Balbriggan to Parkwest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭wingnut299

trotter plenty of apartments to rent in Cedarbrook...5min walk from parkwest...really nice apartments

According to Victors attachment it takes about 45 minutes to get across from Connolly to Hueston!
    Thats the time for transfers and and allowance for delays.

Driving http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes/ suggests 33 minutes, but add for toll bridge delays and congestion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement