Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dress code in la stampa

• 05-07-2004 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what it is? also will I be able to stroll up there at lunch time and get a table for this evening? - anyone been - whats it like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

there's a dress code for restaurants in dublin now?
    :confused: La stampa isnt that up market you should be able to dress however you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

I was brought there by my ex's mum (with my ex also, it wasn't like that...). From what I remeber it was smart-casual sort of dress, shirt + shoes. But that also could have been for the benefit of the mother.

The food was great, but I remember seeing something along the lines of "Fish, served in a special beer batter, with a side of cut potatoes and sauce". When I asked the waitress what the fish was she told me it was cod. She also told me the cut potatoes were chips. Sauce: tartar. So basically standard fish and chips, like you get just about anywhere. Except it was priced at E25. We didn't get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

isnt le stampa on dawson street? well if you cant get a booking or it turns out it doesnt suit, try Fado accross the road in the mansion house the staff are really friendly and normal and the food is great, go for the lamb yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

might do that, it was just that I was walking by earlier and thought it looked nice and I was looking for somewhere to eat later on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement