Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philishave Coolskin Cartridges

• 05-07-2004 10:42am
    Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭

For all the men (and boys!) who have to go through the rigmarole of shaving every day....

I was looking for fresh cartridges for my Philishave Coolskin electric shaver and was going to buy in Argos before I found this link:

http://www.philishave.com/cartridges/

If you buy 5 packs they'll give you 2 free. It's €29.99 for these 7 packs which works out at about 85 cents per cartridge. Argos charge €12.99 for 10 (€1.29) each; can't remember how much Boots charged last time I bought there.

The only downside is the order must be for all the same type - either the "Moisturising shaving lotion" or the "Fresh shaving gel", you can't combine the types.

They took about three weeks to debit my CC and the big jiffy bag arrived in the post from France about 4 days later.

[Note:] The ordering bit isn't immediately obvious - click on the little country flag first.... [/Note]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Nice one. Cheers boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Out of interest how much was your razor...

and more importantly how much life do you get from each cartridge...with how much use?

i.e. Are they worth it for the lazier amongst us?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Yes they are. I paid 150 euro for mine a couple of years ago. I get about 6 months box of 5 cartridges, but I thiknk I use it fairly sparingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by Bri
    Out of interest how much was your razor...

and more importantly how much life do you get from each cartridge...with how much use?

i.e. Are they worth it for the lazier amongst us?!

Mine was £100 sterling, but there are cheaper and more expensive ones. If you don't go mad with the cartridges you might get two months out of each one, or a month with heavy use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I know it's a bit off topic, but I used to use one, I've tried it with both gel or the origional "cream" also tried it with just shaving oil and a solution specifically for electric shavers. But it always leaves my throat in bits. Even if I've used it for a while I've ended up with this problem.

I've now gone back to good old wet shaving.

Anyone else found this problem?
    Anyone got any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by gillo
    I know it's a bit off topic, but I used to use one, I've tried it with both gel or the origional "cream" also tried it with just shaving oil and a solution specifically for electric shavers. But it always leaves my throat in bits. Even if I've used it for a while I've ended up with this problem.

Yeah same here!

I used to use the gel or the cream on it own, and the same happened to me. I use some nivia foam with it now and its fine

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

Originally posted by gillo
    ... it always leaves my throat in bits. Even if I've used it for a while I've ended up with this problem.

I kindof have the same problem if the growth is anything more than a day old. Its fine on the cheeks/face but never quite seems to clear all the stubble from my throat so I find I have to give it the once over with a blade just to finish it off - which kind of defeats the purpose.

I do have to say I find the gel better than the moisturising lotion, but thats just my preference ;)

Advertisement