Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRAI - Killua Castle (Open investigation)

• 05-07-2004 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Killua Castle is the next location for Open investigations.

This site is open ground, so camping will be required. Bring warm clothes,tents and wetgear for Irish weather

PRAI members will be in attendance on this investigation. The date is 31st July

Killua Castle Co. Westmeath
    The family seat of the great T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia), it is said to be haunted, by the land steward (Jacky Dalton) of Sir Benjamin Chapman. No one knows why, but his eccentric spirit has terrified several nocturnal visitors to the castle. The house was long ago abandoned after too many complaints about things that went bump in the night. To this day, a white phantom is said to encircle the ruins, and a hideous, evil-eyed figure has often been seen within the walls.

Pictures:
    http://www.mindspring.com/~xeowulf/Killua.html

Full information on http://www.praofi.org under "Current Investigation" in the News Section

Ian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im not sure but i THINK i have been there before.. twice... See the link for Drewstown house? (its a broken link) anyway Thats where i was a laods of times.,. not haunted by ghosts to my knowledge though it was owned by Queen Victoria (she never stayed there though). Anyway Twice we went off to a ruined castle not too far away.. like maybe 30 mins drive at most.. Drewstown is near Athboy county meath. The castle looks similar. i will check my old pics and see if it looks familiar. Its pretty cool if it is the same one.Oh did you know that the guy who made that Killua castle site is a Bible basher Evangalist?? Check the home page out :D I was one of them once upon a time.. though never a freak like this guy making websites about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

"Go mbeannaí Dia duit. (May God bless you.)"

awh, well at least he sounds freindly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Will you be there Satori?

I most certainly plan to be!

Actually on looking at this map, it looks about right.. im sure i was there a few times. I look forward to it as Drewstown is near by (about a 2 miles north of Athboy).. so i can visit there too and relive old memories (thats where myself and Hilary first met :D)
    ecm_regional_map.gif

• Advertisement

:D

That is so nice!

How many cars are going, as takigna train is not an option.

Or we can all chip in and rent a van!

Well there will be my car, Derek assuming he goes will also have a car. Im not sure how many i will have with me. At least 2, possibly more.

New section on PRAI site!

PRAI Apparrel.

yes, we designed t-shirts!!

http://www.praofi.org

You know how about a black version instead? Not sure if you can pick it as it does not seem to change anything if you make a change. Anyway black is cooler and better for night time.

Oh just checked old pics, i was there before :D

• Advertisement

oouuhhhh... the T-shirts are nice!

None in black! I know! Bastards!!

awh...

PLease fill in the waiver on the PRAI site for the investigation!

Ian

Oooh that looks official :D better check the small print of what you get back Ian.. would not take much to change it so that you are in fact responisble if i catch a cold and have the right to claim lol Not that i would do such a thing of course :ninja:

oh check this out
    http://www.flamingo-travel.com/Specialty/Default.asp?SpecID=4&TourID=43
    Its a tour of haunted castles. Just has some info at least so possible places to go. We have been to 2 so far.

Where is waiver on the PRAI site?

Could not find it.

Thanks

Under the Current Investigation.

Hope we're all lookign forward to it. Who have we got for this?

I have just printed it out (its nice to know that you are covering yourself legaly)

Satori

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

Hey All,

Haven't been around much lately you know with work and all that.

Anyway, I would love to go so count me in. Once someone doesn't mind giving me a lift down (I will gladly pay towards petrol) and someone doesn't mind me sharing their tent :D I will be along

Damn... I just realised I have to print out the waiver form, the problem is, my printer isnt working. Would it be alright if someone could bring along a waiver form for me and I sign it when I get there?

Its here Satori

• Advertisement

Thank you :D

I have printed, signed and laminated (just in case) the waiver, have also arranged a tent (which suprises me as im far from resoursful).

The only problem that still exists is the transport (I have legs but i dont think they will get me that far) is the rent a van option still availible?

Thank again for reading

satori

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Please add your name to the list on the prai forum if it is not there already, indicate if you require or can provide transport.

http://praofi.charliedelta.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=45#post45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

Ok Ryan I added myself :D

Is this still on for The weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Myself and a mate of mine want to go. Will be driving down. Just for the record, alcohol is not allowed is it?

Up to you but we are trying to conduct scientific research here so if you have alcohol in you, you might experience stuff thats not there and we will find anything you say a little dubious. Stay sober.. If you want to drink wait till you are finished your investigation at about 5am or when ever we call it a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh we eh? A clique already I see! ;)

Only joking.

No I agree.

What happens if you find it hard/scary/whatever to stay awake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by cheesedude
    Myself and a mate of mine want to go. Will be driving down. Just for the record, alcohol is not allowed is it?

Check here for the protocols

Alcohol is forbidden before or during the investigation but once we're finished you can go ahead but honestly if you go the lenght you will only be fit for bed when we're done.

• Advertisement

For those interested, we'll be arringing it like this.

1 tent for "command and control"
    1 tent for storage

other tents for sleeping. think it'll work out well like that

get good sleep the night before You'll need it

Advertisement