Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are ready to go locked to network or number

Options
  • 05-07-2004 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to upgrade my RTG phone as I dropped my 6310, but its way cheaper to buy a new phone with RTG sim than buy a sim free phone (I want to stay on the O2 network).

Can I just discard the new sim or is it locked to the phone ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They are locked to the network. not sure if o2 do it but vodafone do, get one of the speakeasy upgrade packs that come without a sim, you can then sell the credit or give it to someone, ur choice by letting someone with a speakeasy number register it to them, that way you can get back some of the money. €50 for €80 worth of credit would b a good deal in anyones book.

Ive done this a few times with vodafone upgrade packs. They were selling the 3510i for €89 with €60 credit so i got that instead of buying credit. Always handy to have a spare fone.

Advertisement