Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbike Maintenance Courses?

Options
  • 05-07-2004 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any bike maintenance courses in dublin....i tried www.nightcourses.com but i couldnt find anything.

i dont expect to be able to strip the engine just a few basic things to save me a little cash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

buy old bike and good manual, nothing beats hands on training

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

normally around the end of summer there is a book you can buy in Easons with all the night classes going on in Dublin. I found a night class from that particular book a few years back, usually held in a school or such like. Very useful and the instructor asked us what we wanted to know. A great way to learn as we worked on our own bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Originally posted by Gmodified
    buy old bike and good manual, nothing beats hands on training

well i have a haynes manual and an old bike but i really dont want to go messign about based on that, because its my only bike!

i'll check out one of those books and see what the story is

Beruthiel do you mind if i ask how much your course cost?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

It's maybe 6 years ago since I did it, so can't remember
    but it was one of those winter evening courses, maybe 8/10 weeks long, and it didn't break the bank - you're probably looking at around 80/100 for the 8 weeks (guesstimate)
    tis well worth it though as you'll be able to service your own bike afterwards, saving yourself a fortune right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

m sure they do a course in Palmerstown Community school. You know adult education.. Chances are they do it in some other secondary schools too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

There was a course in Kylemore College, Ballyfermot last year. Done by one of the IRTA lads.
    Give the college a call. The course is listed in the Wolfhound Evening class guide referred to earlier. There is another course guide but it groups things by the colleges and location, not by topic as in the Wolfhound guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Also Pobalscoil Rosmini, Grace Park Road

Advertisement