Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FUNAKI ... What's the story?

• 05-07-2004 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

What's the story with Funaki? ....

thought Funaki was a fantastically talented cruiserweight ... but they have him stuck in that crap staff member / interviewer role ..... how come?

is it just because of how they used Kaientai as a pretty much joke tag team ... jobbing to everyone and anyone? and so won't give him a decent push?

or was he injured in some way?

or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭kurtmark22

He's not injured I know that for a fact.

Vince just hates talented small guys I guess which is sad as guys like Funaki, Shannion Moore & the rest have a lot to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Now that TNA is the number 2 promotion and is offering proper job stability and suitable TV programming, WWE stars dont have to settle with dead end angles.

Paul London, Shannon Moore, Funaki, Akio, even Billy Kidman could make next to near the money they are making in WWE if they jumped ship to TNA.

At the moment (and if I was good enough) if I had the choice between a 1 year contact with TNA or a 3 year contract with WWE, id go for TNA. Cos Im not the biggest guy in the world, I could get more exposure with a promotion thats based around high flying and cruiser weights.

TNAs scripting is also amazing. They have every single star in a decent angle every week. Where as WWE has Paul London jobbing in a battle royalle. JOBBING ON A BATTEL ROYALLE, HOW LOW CAN U GET?

Paul London was also the masked superstar who jobbed to Bradshaw a few weeks ago.

All these cruiserweights bar Rey Mesterio (who gets pushed) would be better off in TNA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Funaki has been a joke for too long, I mean, Jesus, what about WM, he last about 4 seconds - a fact that Topdawg (girls name! ;)) is still laughing at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

He could easily be given some kind of underdog type gimmick ... give him a half decent manager (regal would be cool) ... and some good cruiserweight opponents ... and he'd be away and in the running for the cw title

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! I MEAN HIS ENTIRE FAMILY WERE PROBABLY GATHERED AROUND WITH THEIRLITTLE JAPANESE FLAGS AND EVERYTHING WAITING FOR THE SONS BIG MANIA MOMENT! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

bet he still lasted longer than you have in a mania match! :D

but it really is a shame that his talent is being wasted, and it's also a huge shame that nobody seems to care so much ... with people always going on about Paul London or Ultimo Dragon or Billy Kidman .... all talented ... but no reason Funaki should be forgotten about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

INDEED!

I am Evil.

Advertisement