Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home projector screen size,,,cant decide?

Options
  • 05-07-2004 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I know this has been said to death in these forums but i am between two minds as to getting a 6ft screen and the 8ft screen

I will be 12/13 ft from screen but i want good quality so obviously smaller the better but i was thinking of getting the larger screen in case i get a better projector in the years to come (I would obviously have the extra white at each side)

Can someone make up my mind for me....steering towards just getting the 6ft one and going for quality over size to reduce the chicken mesh etc

Tks

Any opinions welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I'd go for the smaller screen, personally. If you are only 12 to 13 feet away, you really dont want a screen much bigger than that, it will be awkward to watch. I find that positioning the projector as far from the screen as possible with maximum zoom on seems to get you best results. In other words, make the projector project as small an image as it can with the zoom wheel and then position it far enough away to fill your screen. I don't know why this seems to work better, it just does. Or maybe its all in my head....

Also, if you are going to upgrading your projector, that does not particularly mean you have to get a bigger screen. A higher res projector in the same size screen will give you better results that trying to stretch it out to its limit. With higher quality projectors, it is more important to have a high quality projector screen rather than have the screen as big as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

tks for that Robbie....reliable as always...going to go for the 6ft screen

Advertisement