Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting time with UTV

• 05-07-2004 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Has anyone ordered broadband off UTV since they started offering four free months? If so what was the waiting time like? I have an order pending with eircom, but after I ordered it on 30th May it finally got to their system on 30th June, so I'm seriously considering cancelling it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165605&perpage=20&pagenumber=4
    handy thread

utv seem to be very bad right now, nearly every post i've seen has been over the estimated 20 days limit.
    go for iol instead, they seem to have their act a lot more together. (and have far better pings than utv, if you're thinking of gaming...)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

utv have rarely ever performed good tbh tho its not entirely their fault, they were previously called DNA Internet back in the late 1990s, back then the pings were brutal and the general service stablity was questionable... then UTV bought them out and with that UTV inherited all the general problems on the network that are still there today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Revoque

ordered mine online on 21st june
    I was up and surfing by 24th june to my pleasent surprise.
    maby im the exception or just plane lucky but going on other posts http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=165605 seems to be around 2 weeks.
    Eircon were also just enabling my exchange so maby that had something to do with it.

No complaints here :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Can't remember exactly how long it took, but I do remember that it took the exact amount of time they said it would. not bad. :)

about tman and gonzo's posts: yes they do badly need to rebuild their own part of the network. It just ain't cut out for DSL.

Advertisement