Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how did it go ?

• 05-07-2004 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

weird no congrats msgs ? did the cops arrive and rape number6 ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

:)

No, Nuck wasn't arrested this time

Had some major issues with power due to people plugging into any old socket they could find.
    Trip-switches kept flipping.

Twas good otherwsie.

Didn't *quite* get my 64-player game of battlefield, but dc_noflyzone was pretty hairy with ~20 jets in a furball over the bases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

did the cops arrive and rape number6 ?
    Nah. They have him trained to go to them for it. ;)

The LAN went pretty well and strangely, despite not signing up, not officially attending, not having a PC/Laptop with me and not playing even one game, I ended up spending a lot of time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

awww, still pissed i missed it, meh... :(

any pics? funny stuff must have happened :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Good lan. Having the net connection was great, got alot of stuff i never could have.

Gaming was also good. Alot of people were playing cs so that suited me and the few games of desert combat were bearable :)

Roll on GL XI !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Fantastic LAN.

Aside from the power problems, everything went fantastic, and worked perfectly for me right from the get-go. I don't know how well it went for everyone else, mind you, but I just mention it because I'm extatically happy with how it went.

Some absolutely fantastic games of Desert Combat and Vietnam, loads of great leeching altogether also! I didn't get to play a lot of games that I really wanted to, like Generals, Warcraft 3, and such, but I wouldn't have traded the immense fun of all that DC for any other game tbh.

Much fun was also had shooting a few people and getting shot by Nick's pellet gun.

Still, I was getting rather anxtious towards the end of the LAN, seeing as it was running so smoothly, that eventually a pentagram would form in the middle of the floor, smoke billowing into the room, and #MEAT# rising up, his eyes burning with a red flame, shouting "WHO UNPLUGGED MY NETWORK CABLE!?!?!?

That didn't happen though.
    Thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Excellent Lan, No AvP though :(
    Loads of Gaming done compared to other lans and Tourni's went ahead without any players walking off :P
    Prizes were very cool with ~€20 worth of stuff going to each player on the CS winning team and the QW winners each getting a funky Alienware FunC Mousemat

As said by others the power was a bit annoying but we have only ourselves to blame due to no-brainers plugging themselves into a daisy-chain.
    longest one i could count was 7 PC's off the one plug :ninja:

The airshow was a nice distraction while john ripped his hair out and fixed it Sat. afternoon with very little or no problems on sunday.

Congrats to Anima and his Team who won the CS tourni

pld gg shots etc

Net connection was dead handy and most who had access will agree

Funniest moment:
    CS winners picture with Ken stroking his beard in the backround then vanishes in the next piccy :D

Not so funniest moment: Shooting myself in the hand with Cobra's Metal Pellet Gun, i now have a purple bruise on the palm of my left hand :(

Very well organised and some great games of DC/CS/serious sam

well done Syxpak Asok and any1 else who helped

ps. gamestop: give us better prizes dammit!!! not 50 copies of an alias demo!! *ahem*
    that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

LOL that was the funnyest moment you hitting yourself in the hand with the pellet gun, :D i as laughing for hours on end, it happened on friday and he showed me his hand and a massive purple mark was there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Caliden
    Prizes were very cool with ~€20 worth of stuff going to each player on the CS winning team and the QW winners each getting a funky Alienware FunC Mousemat
    ps. gamestop: give us better prizes dammit!!! not 50 copies of an alias demo!! *ahem*
    that is all

Just to point out:
    Gamestop gave us 2 copies of halo, 2 copies of the suffering and 2 copies of hitman contracts which were distributed amongst the winning team, in addition to the sphinx t-shirts and €10 couchers for Gamestop.

There was a good bit of other stuff (the Art of Soul Calibur books went to the QW 2v2 runners up, and to Colum and yourself).

I still have a few of those nice looking Soul Calibur art-work posters (not the books, but these are nice too) if anyone wants one or 4.

And it was 25 copies of alias ;)

well done Syxpak Asok and any1 else who helped

/me starts preparing for the next one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I'll take one of those posters john! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Yeah thanks admins, your work did not go unnoticed.

Sorry about all the stress we caused you Syx, but my God you look funny when you are angry :).

que

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Originally posted by elexes
    did the cops arrive and rape number6 ?

Unfortuantly not :( i was utterly dissapointed because of it.

Advertisement