Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piercin qualifications

Options
  • 05-07-2004 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

hey if you want to get a career in piercing wher wopuld you go/start , i live in limerick but whasts the story with gettin qualified anyway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I wouldnt even waste my time trying to do it in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I wouldnt even waste my time trying to do it in Ireland
    the mans got a point,but if you do decide to stay in ireland your best bet would be to go to your nearest piercing parlour and beg the piercers there to let you do an apprenticeship,afaik the apprenticeship lasts 4 years and you get a degree at the end of it.
    Although it kind of helps if you have a friend whos a piercer and will sponsor you for an apprenticeship

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

4 years? It couldn't be that difficult, could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Blisterman
    4 years? It couldn't be that difficult, could it?
    It is. It requires quite a detailed knowledge of anatomy, among other things. One stray needle into an artery, and someone is dead. It requires a lot of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

you'd be at some advantage if you went through medical school i suppose, cos when you consider how long the average doctor has to study to be qualified... i'm pretty sure it's not a case of the more ppl you stab through the lip/eyebrow/tongue ear etc. the better.... it's a lot more complicated than that

i don't mean to and hope i haven't so far offended any in the profession by my sarcastic responses, it's more my mood at this particular time and not an indication of my general demeanor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Garth_Vader
    afaik the apprenticeship lasts 4 years and you get a degree at the end of it.

You're taking the piss :OP
    You don't get a degree in piercing! You might get a certificate or something.

Advertisement