Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have "the dreams" kicked in yet???

Options
  • 05-07-2004 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

This is coming all the way from lanzarote so you better R E S P E C T!!!

Anyway have any of you been having the "dreams" you have prolly been hearing of?

For those of you that havent they consist of dreaming that your still doing the leaving or about to or messed up or just anythin nightmarish about the tests

I know I have had about 5-6 now since Iv been finish, ranging from beging completely late for maths to thinking my real tests were my mocks, to thinking I was on holiday during my tests,

Iv Heard many older people dream of doing the leaving again when they are under stress even at about 40 or older.

Excuse the punctuation or spelling as the keyboard is different but not too much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Oddly enough, I had the one about the leaving just being the mocks as well. I remember thinking "ah crap I have to do another 2 weeks of tests now", then I went to school and realised I'd missed English, pretty fun dream overall :D . Haven't had any in a couple of weeks but I expect I'll be getting some dismal dream leaving cert results some time soon enough:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

So far, it's just been dreams about getting 550+ points and freaking out on all the asrehole teachers in my old school... During the exams it was all about being late, sleeping in, forgetting about them, all the stupid stuff that had me awake at like 6am every morning.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nah, my dreams are all non-LC related.
    Like the one I had where I was a fat chinese kid dressed in red pyjamas with gold symbols running through a hilly field on a beautiful day with shells exploding all around me...

maybe there's a hidden message....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Was he shouting

"Don't make me run, i'm full of chocolate" in a german accent?

If so, i had that EXACT dream!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I had dreams before the leaving. Where I failed 5 of my 6 six subjects and my chemistry teacher, who hates me, well, I dropped her subject so she's not my teacher, but anyhoo. She gave me my results, and laughed at me and all....:( It wasn't nice.

I'd imagine I'll be having some MAD ones once the results day approches. :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    Was he shouting

"Don't make me run, i'm full of chocolate" in a german accent?

If so, i had that EXACT dream!!

See - *that's* what life should be like, always. Watching too much Simpsons and then having weird dreams about it. Although the fact that you're dreaming about young boys fleeing from you doesn't bode too well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

i'm actually having the freaky dreams about getting the results...
    they are so wierd.
    one featured mary-lou mc donald (yeah, i know!!!!!) giving them to me through a picture phone.

another was where my results were posted to me in a sandwich.

another invovled me having to fly a plane to safety while the capain tried to save a box of results (there was a nod to Fr. Ted there i think).

the last one involed students from my school ripping the place apart looking for results like mad!!!

i never got my results, but found out i got a d4(???) in Art.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

*raises eyebrow* A D4 would translate to an E1 in my mind!! Whatu talkin bout??

There is NO D4!!

a1
    a2
    b1
    b2
    b3
    c1
    c2
    c3
    d1
    d2
    d3
    e
    f
    ng

IS ALL TAHT EXSIST.

Besides, how'd you find out!?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think that's the reason for the "(???)" JesJes :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I did my leaving cert 2years ago and I was still having nightmares about it upto about 6 months ago. I know a 40 year old who still has nightmares about it. I think it's the worst exam of your life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, I have dreams about it still - I'm doing my leaving and I'm freaking out because I've had no time to study so I'll do worse than I ought to and then I realise I've already done it and I have to try and persuade others of this...

I often had that dream coming up to uni exams but they were never ever as bad.

(Did my LC in 1998 btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

They should provide counseling for everyone who has done the leaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's really weird when you think about it - it's as if they've managed to create a mini-collective unconsciousness in people who have gone through the system.

Anybody want to go look for subliminal messages hidden in the exam papers?:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Dancing duck

The DAY I finished 5th year they started. In the first one I was doing the English paper and this essay (which it seems I had to do) said 'Give 5967 directions for a film'. And I didn't know how I was to approach the question either going 'John turns his head to the right. He picks up a spoon. He licks the spoon' or what. So I kept raising my hand and none of the teachers knew how I should interpret the question and I was waiting for this one of my teachers to come because I was convinced she would know. (She's never even taught me in real life). She never came. Then I only had half an hour left and I still haven't begun this essay or the other two I seemingly had to do. So I just start scribbling crap and crying. That was it. Very very clear and very very daunting.

I've been having them ever since. Horrible old things.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

one featured mary-lou mc donald (yeah, i know!!!!!) giving them to me through a picture phone.

WHAT THE FUCk?

I had one this morning. Where I got four C's and two D's. Which is a grade below what I want. Stupid two weeks and one day HURRY UP!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

I did the leaving 8 years ago, and I had a dream a few weeks ago that I forgot to turn up for two of the exams and only realised this when I got the results :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Oh yes i had one last night.

The leaving cert result date became a horrible 'parent+student - teacher' meeting only with the examiners instead of teachers. They went into far too much detail about everything that I did wrong etc., and revealed that I got 340 points.

That's a nightmare when you need 500+!!

That's so ridicolous. I mean, nightmares. Stupid exams.

actually, i've sort of forgotten about the exams...
    but wait til it gets closer to the results....

• Advertisement

Closer than TWO WEEKS?

yup, i'd say i'll start worrying in about a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

Now's the time to start worrying, then.

I started having my nightmares directly after the exams ended, recurring practically nightly for about two weeks, and they're becoming fairly rare now. They're all pretty much the same thing, although never exactly the same, that, a week or so after I thought the exam ended, there's another exam which I hadn't known about. I had one where it was an English exam, a French exam, a Maths exam, pretty much all of them, actually. I remember the Physics one well, I was woken up in the morning only to be sent into school and told that I have to sit another Physics exam, because other students had complained about the first one, which they weren't going to count (and I thought I aced). Annoyed the hell out of me, but I thought, "If I spend this next hour before the exam cramming, I should do ok", only to be shouted at by the examiner to sit down straight away because the exam was going to start in 5 minutes! Scared the crap out of me! I remember another one where I had no idea which exam I was going to be sitting until the paper landed on my desk, never did find out though, as the dreams always end just before I start the exam. The funniest one was my Engineering nightmare, where I suddenly realised, on the day of the deadline, that I never did a project, and frantically attempted to bodge one together out of toilet rolls and masking tape, decorated by a magic marker.

The strange thing is that these are the first nightmares I've had since I was about five, and I've never had recurring before.

I have a strange feeling that I'm goint to be recalling this to a psychiatrist at some point in later life, do you suppose Noel Dempsey actually knows about what these exams have done to us?

Thats SO ****in' ridiculous. Like, really. You poor thing. So vivid as well.

Stupid one week left. It hasnt really sunk in what this means, ya know, besides the rest of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wait till you're years out of school, and you dream that you're being made sit a leaving cert exam that you didn't even know you had put down. I think mine was having to sit classical studies, when I had no idea what it was, let alone studied for it.

*shudder*

jesus h christ, why arent i that worried????
    by the looks of it i should be traumatised by now.!!!

Your immune because of something something. I'm still awake and too tired to think.

look at it this way, it will be all over in a week's time, am i right?

no you're horribly horribly wrong!!!
    it's only just beginning!!!!!

• Advertisement

good point...

but there's college!

Advertisement