Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have "the dreams" kicked in yet???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I did the leaving 10 years ago & I have dreams now and again about the leaving. I guess when I feel unprepared for something triggers them off.

It's not the end people! I remember "That day" I came in from the last exam, engineering If I remember correctly and saying that's it all over. But you have another bloody 3-4 years again.....and then trying to find the appropiate job that you studied for and not being given a chance to do it because you have no experience and working as an operator making ****e money while people you know left after the juniorcert are driving around in the landcrusers......I can go on and on. But hang in there, it might be worth it in the end!!

(Where's the rope!) LOL

:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me hands antirip a lenght of rope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

(starts to sob)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i dreamt i got a perfect score and then stole games off a mate and then pushed some guy into a river . . . . weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I did the LC 13 yrs ago and I have one of those horrific exam related nightmares nearly once a month.
    They always involve me repeating in my old school at my current age, and because I'm older I don't have to wear the uniform and therefore stick out like a sore thumb :confused:
    I even remember in the dream that I've "repeated" before... approx 150 repeat LC exams... that is scarey. Espcially since I only sat the exam once in reality and did quite well. I wasn't even too worried or stressed about it at the time. Weird :eek:

I had one of these horrible nightmares last night in fact... I haven't been myself all day... very disturbing :(

• Advertisement

geez, get help for the love of god.

I've got some rope left over if you want....

Why are you posting this crap all over boards ??
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

geez, get help for the love of god.

What do you mean by this statement? It's perfectly normal and natural to have recurring dreams in times of pressure and stress.
    You shouldn't really make random comments like that about people you don't know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Maybe she loves you?

• Advertisement

Yes, someone does certainly loves us this evening!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I love you too.

We probably shouldn't entertain her/it/him though, because then we could be like, warned and stuff too. *cowars*

Meh.

I aint been having dreams of late. Thankfully.

If I have them when I'm in college etc etc like some other unfourtunate people, I'm going to the government to demand....SOMETHING.

Sorry for a double post.

I had nightmareS lastnight.

I got my results, but instead of being laid out as ABC etc etc, it was like 275/350. So I had to do maths to find out the percentage. And when I got the percentage, I had to find the grade, so say C3, BUT THEN I had to find out the points a C3 gave me. Then half way through this process which was freeking me out, I relised that I was in fact doing all this, and the score I had gotten was for subjects I hadn't done. Like Physics. I DIDN'T DO PHYSICS. So I was like...what do I do, who do I tell.....

It was HORRIBLE.

Then I had a dream it was Wednesday morning. ANd I was all anxious. And when I woke up it took me AGES to figure out what day it was.

STUPID SUBCONCIOUS.

Im not that worried, now. that. I'm. awake.

I DONT WANNA SLEEP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

my dreams are really sinister and menacing. i'm standing outside the school and everytime i try to get my results someone else goes ahead of me. and then finally, when i get them, the page is all jumbled up, like alphabet soup and i can't make head nor tail of it. everyone else's are just fine, and they all go off to celebrate..and i am left by myself with a weird piece of paper and all the teachers are saying ''oh dear looks like you wil have to wait till next year for the page to rearrange itself''..and i just stare at them and make a bed in the corner of the hall to wait till the next summer..meanwhile i can hear all the others having fun outside...that was a horrible dream..almost felt like crying when i woke up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

i've had 3 dreams two have been about getting below 300 points and the other one was about how i did my english paper through french. i dunno about all of you other people out there but i've been sitting at home 4 the last few days and will be for the next few days just waiting..... crapp1ng bricks. if i get above 330 i'll be grand and happy. but if i don't i'm actually going to be incapable of looking my parents in the eyes and saying i did crap.
    On a lighter note, after my exams i was sitting at the top of a summer school class room and i couldn't stop writing backwards or sideways or just downright ar5eways. praticularly the letter 'h' and the number'6' were problems.

"post LC syndrome".

Anything like that happen to anyone else????

CK

What do you mean by this statement? It's perfectly normal and natural to have recurring dreams in times of pressure and stress.
    You shouldn't really make random comments like that about people you don't know.

sorry.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I had one dream where i got a "h" in english which equated to 9% which really upset me and another where i got a "geeon" in geography, thats not even a word, let alone a grade, and i dont even do geography!
    I had lots of dreams after the leaving about missing history, or being late and having to do it again but thats cos it was the one i was the most worried about.
    In all the results dreams i cant decipher all the grades i get and they make no sense and i wake up fustrated!
    Argh!

Advertisement