Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Irelad: Official website!!

• 05-07-2004 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

Just did a search on Google for 3 Ireland, and behold, got it!!!

3 Ireland

NOTE: Site requires Macromedia Flash!

If above link dosn't work, here's the address: www.3ireland.ie/index.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Whoa.... look at those prices. €1 to all national numbers, €0.25 SMS. They say they're going to be revised, but which way? Upwards or downwards? Seems a little steep right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Whoa.... look at those prices. €1 to all national numbers, €0.25 SMS. They say they're going to be revised, but which way? Upwards or downwards? Seems a little steep right now.

DON'T PANIC!!

There's fine print that says these prices will be revised as soon as 3 is plublicly available in Ireland. So, everyone should reealise that these prices will ALMOST DEFINITELY go down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

It doesn't really say *when* it'll be publicly available in Ireland either... I was hoping to upgrade around December/January, might consider switching over if they're up and running by then. And what's the story with the rebranded Eircon stores - are they owned by 3, or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

The existance of the website is well known
    It doesn't really say *when* it'll be publicly available in Ireland either... I was hoping to upgrade around December/January, might consider switching over if they're up and running by then. And what's the story with the rebranded Eircon stores - are they owned by 3, or what?

The stores are owned by an Irish company called 3G. They have no connection with 3.

No word on when 3 will launch their service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Fungus
    The existance of the website is well known

The stores are owned by an Irish company called 3G. They have no connection with 3.

No word on when 3 will launch their service.

This came up before, the 3G stores are run by Sigma Wireless...

As for the website, it has been the same for months now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭BigMoose

A network search in Leopardstown still shows no sign of them. They are leaving it late if they expect to have any decent (by which I mean stable and billable) 3G coverage for an october launch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

It doesn't really say *when* it'll be publicly available in Ireland either... I was hoping to upgrade around December/January, might consider switching over if they're up and running by then.
    FYI:

Vodafone launches 3G in Ireland

Vodafone Ireland Declares 3G Open for Business

Also from today's Enterprise Ireland Ezine:

Vodafone has launched third-generation mobile services (3G) in Ireland, initially providing data services to business users, with plans for 3G handsets by the year's end. Vodafone's 3G/GPRS data card plugs into a customers' laptop and provides a higher-speed wireless connection to corporate networks or the Internet. Vodafone is touting a connection speed of 384Kbps, comparable to the 512Kbps provided by land-line bound DSL and well in excess of the maximum speed of 40Kbps available from existing mobile phone services in Ireland. However, not all areas are covered by the service. In areas where it is not available the data card will switch to the older and slower GPRS technology. Vodafone Ireland says that in other markets, 3G is proving popular not only with corporate customers, but also with SMEs and home office users. O2 Ireland is widely expected to light up its own 3G network later this year, while 3G-only player "Three" is expected launch its Irish service by mid-2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    FYI:

Vodafone Ireland Declares 3G Open for Business

Also from today's Enterprise Ireland Ezine:

Still gives no indication of when 3 will launch. I would be suprised if it will be this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Fungus
    Still gives no indication of when 3 will launch.
    You might try reading the article I quoted again (hint: near the end).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    You might try reading the article I quoted again (hint: near the end).

Beautiful... Avoid the rath of the moderator too by being both helpful and incredibly sarcastic at the one time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

We're using a couple of the Voda 3G cards here at work and they're pretty handy speedwise - comparable to my RADSL broadband at home :D

Have yet to test coverage etc out of temple bar though!

Advertisement