Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop in Lidl, Balbriggan this Thursday

• 05-07-2004 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Lidl are opening a store on Balbriggan on Thursday and they have a pretty good deal on a laptop

AMD Athlon 2800+ M
    512 DDR-RAM
    60 GB HDD
    CD-RW/DVD+RW/DVD-RW combo
    15" TFT
    Mobility Radeon 9600
    Integrated wireless and memory card reader

999 euro

They also have a 5MP 3x optical zoom camera for 299.

I think these offers are valid in Balbriggan only.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

I had just asked about a laptop from Lidl and then this appears.

Where's Balbriggan?

And is there any info on the look/weight of the laptop?

Also, what time do you generally have to get to Lidl at to buy one of these laptops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Balbriggan is in North Dublin. Do a Goggle for Balbriggan and look for a map

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

That sounds like a great deal! Anyone got any more information on it? How'd you hear about the deal drane2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

everyone in balbriggan got flyers in the door about the opening offers this thursday and the laptop was also mentioned in a backpage ad in the local free paper North County Leader.

Is that a gud price for a laptop with them specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Heh I'm in Balbriggan too - Guess I should read some of them flyers :)
    As for the laptop it seems to be a few hundred cheaper than most other places.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what speed DVD burner it is?
    Also, what brand? Targa I presume.
    Any more info anyone?

Balbriggan from Dublin city centre....hmm...how long would that take in a car (early morning I presume)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

The camera is on offer in all Lidl shops from the 08/07/04. Never heard of the make though - Nytech.

The laptop is a 'Targa Visonary XP-210'. The specs are here:

http://www.targa-online.com/cms/targa_2_459.php?produkt_id=285

Apparently the DVD burner is an LG 2x2x2x4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by chabsey

Also, what time do you generally have to get to Lidl at to buy one of these laptops?

It's an opening offer for the store so they won't have many laptops, when they opened in Waterford they had 36 PCs availble on opening day and they went first come first served, you'd want to be there an hour before opening at least I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Originally posted by chabsey
    Does anyone know what speed DVD burner it is?
    Also, what brand? Targa I presume.
    Any more info anyone?

Balbriggan from Dublin city centre....hmm...how long would that take in a car (early morning I presume)?

Shouldn't take too long. It's motorway all the way from Whitehall to the Balbriggan exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

theres a good chance ter a bit falty because my bro worked in pc superstore when lidls open they were doing an athlon [itink]or some computer and the day after it opened there were a **** load of people getting the same computer from lidls fixed in pc superstore so dont get your hopes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Cheeky monkey
    theres a good chance ter a bit falty because my bro worked in pc superstore when lidls open they were doing an athlon [itink]or some computer and the day after it opened there were a **** load of people getting the same computer from lidls fixed in pc superstore so dont get your hopes up
    Assuming I've successfully deciphered, are you saying that people bought computers in Lidl and took them directly (or very soon after) to PC Superstore to pay (and probably overpay) to get them fixed when they were obviously covered under the warranty they could have availed of by calling to the place where they bought it, assuming we're talking about real people, real computers and not exaggerating just an ickle bit?

That sounds nuts. Frankly it sounds "made up" but I'm going to run with "nuts". It also sounds totally unlike the experiences people who have posted here about actual faults they as real people had and the steps taken to get them repaired. I can only remember one in particular - paddy20 said he had a problem with a CD or DVD drive and they sent someone to his house to replace the dodgy component for free. Why would a long line of plonkers march straight into PC Superstore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i bought a desktop from them 2-3 years ago and the seagate harddisk failed twice (not there fault). each time they sent a guy to replace it. they were very promt and i am very happy with them. it is not the brand on the computer that matters, it is the components used and they are very high quality.
    My bro did buy a notebook from them around the same time though and the case around the tft screen cracked a little so he sent it back to germany and they gave him a replacement. although that cracked a little as well, it does not make any functional difference so he kept it. he is happy as well.

Although i would not buy a notebook because they are no good for gaming, but if i were forced into buying one i would look for a intel centrino because it gives such good battery life. my father has some dell business model notebooks and they are really small, very quiet and very cool looking compared to my bros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

WTF are you on about? Take an english class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    WTF are you on about? Take an english class.
    flameextinguisher.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

FYI.

For people coming from Dublin, take the first exit for Balbriggan off the M1 (we have 3 exits :) ). When you get into the centre of the town take the turn to the right that is opposite the credit union. Then LIDL is about 150 metres away on the right hand side. You can't miss it.

Originally posted by Praetorian
    FYI.

For people coming from Dublin, take the first exit for Balbriggan off the M1 (we have 3 exits :) ). When you get into the centre of the town take the turn to the right that is opposite the credit union. Then LIDL is about 150 metres away on the right hand side. You can't miss it.
    Credit Union can be easy to miss for people not familiar with the town, as it is recessed about 20 feet further back from the road than the other buildings. Landmarks to look out for before the credit union are in order when coming from Dublin:
    Wavin on right-hand-side
    Left turn.
    Church on right.
    Texaco on left.
    Next right turn after Texaco is where you want to go...

If you accidently take the 2nd exit off the motorway, turn right at the second cross-roads (+), the one with the traffic lights. Then turn left at the T-junction - you should see the church and foloow previous instruction from there...

And if your thinking of getting food in the town, be aware that the chinese take away near Texaco on the Dublin side of the town used to be a funeral parlour...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭esentziak

I think that you can order them if they run out. They certainly used to do it for computers in Coolock.

regards
    Esentziak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

dude isnt it 2 d left? and when u say center of do u mean where d braken court is doing d construction of d car park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

is anyone planning on getting one? let me know what they are like and if they can be ordered....

dude isnt it 2 d left?
    No, coming from Dublin as Praetorian said it's a right turn and LIDL is 200 yard on the right

and when u say center of do u mean where d braken court is doing d construction of d car park?
    Praetorian is incorrect in saying the credit union is in the centre of the town, it's half way between the centre (the square/bracken court hotel/AIB) and SS Peter & Paul's church (not to be confused with the Church of Ireland church visible from the train)...

• Advertisement

And here's a map I made:

balbriggan-map.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

one of those nights DMT? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

They are all gone. Fair fecks to the people who started to Q at 4.30 am.
    I arrived at 8 and they looked at me like i was dreaming.
    They issued tickets to the people when they started to Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Ardent

4:30 in the morning?!!! Do you mean to say there was LIDL staff issuing tickets at 4:30 AM as well??

Sweet jesus...

4:30am?!?!

That's excessive even for Lidl offers right? I mean generally people start waiting from about 7ish right?

Nationwide offers Vs store-specific offers make all the difference obviously.

I'm glad I decided against going there for 7am...

Hanging around outside in Balbriggan at 4.30am isn't usual the safest of things to do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Of hand does anyone know if they are taking names on back orders or am I better getting one of the manufactures website
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Originally posted by DMT
    Hanging around outside in Balbriggan at 4.30am isn't usual the safest of things to do...

especially with a grand in your pocket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I was just saying to a mate tonight that it won't be long before we hear of a major attack/robbery outside a LIDL/ALDI store some morning.People Q with major bucks from dawn ffs, are they asking for it? ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by cubix
    Of hand does anyone know if they are taking names on back orders or am I better getting one of the manufactures website
    Thanks
    They wouldn't let me order one yesterday...

Advertisement