Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone got satellite broadband

• 05-07-2004 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

i'm wondering what speed to get 256/512/1meg for 1 way satellite broadband (cpsat -no cap),does anyone have it
    and what speed you got .i figure 256 is good enough for general downloading and browsing ,i have 180 hour dial-up allowance,the satellite downlink will be always on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Do a quick search on satellite and you will see speed does not refer to ping time or responsiveness - think of it as a barge - not as fast as a car just bigger so on paper seems to do about the same passenger miles..

it depends on what you want to do on the internet - forget anything realtime or interactive, slow response browsing and big downloads.

Advertisement