Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did anyone see the indo on friday......

Options
  • 05-07-2004 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

as for the title did anyone see the independent on friday, there were profiles of ctyi'ers apperently.

and a film crew was there today for rte.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Aww, but I wanted to have everyone protesting about how offensive the programme was in our Session again! Thats unfair.. stupid Session 1ers getting all the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

If you didn't see it, you didn't miss all that much. 'Twas the usual CTYI geniuses-make-friends story we've come to expect from the O'Reilly press.

There was a film crew at session 2 last year... I recall hiding away inside and playing 5-player Magic rather than exposing my ugly self to the cameras. I think it was for a video CTYI sends to schools, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I remember that with something akin to shame. The whole "young, gifted people who manage to overcome all their difficulties (:rolleyes: Lol) and make friends" thing is really a waste of time if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Unrelated note:
    Scandal! Scandal!

3 students expelled!

Originally posted by nosmo
    Unrelated note:
    Scandal! Scandal!

3 students expelled!

OMG

Unclean! Unclean!

• Advertisement

Who were they and what did they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

anyone posts names they get a week ban. Its none of your business and i dont want to see names and "ahaha ****ing idiot" posts on here.

Who cares who the were, what'd they do!!?

Fair enough, just wanted to see was it anyone I knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Just read the interviews in the indo... once again we "are not challenged by normal school work and seem to sail through exams effortlessly". Yeah, I remember the effortless way I sat in three hours of totally UNCHALLENGING evening study every night after school during third year being supervised by that evil leprechaun woman with one ten minute break and no food and no talking and oh the pain of it all.... (commences bitter muttering)

saying that, its not that bad, and its nice to see CTYI getting some recognition for being... emm... fun? academically challenging? (focus on the positive, focus on the positive...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, that was better than some I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

never mind

Remember the thing last year? They made us look like mentally handicapped children instead of gifted ones! I got so slagged when I went bak to school. One delightful gom thought I was actually in Russia.

Remember Duddys version?

Originally posted by Raphael
    Remember Duddys version?

if you are referring to the sketch put on at the talent show, that was my idea, Duddy just got the main part

I was involved in the thing, I seem to remember duddy being the source of most ideas

I was involved in the thing, I seem to remember duddy being the source of most ideas

The original idea was mine

God, did anyone else see the report on RTE news about CTYI? They didn't make us look quite as handicapped as last year but they're still pushing the old "they can't make friends coz they think people their own age are stupid" line. Tis great.

Remember last year when everyone was so outraged? Ahh... Our RA group were trying to get a protest letter together though eventually our RA scrapped the idea coz he didn't want to get CTYI into trouble but said we could do it ourselves. Huh, that was likely.

Sigh. Yes. But what else did you expect? Praise from left-leaning RTÉ for a course which is specifically aimed at an élite?

"Them smart people is smart, but we have somethin' they don't have. They don't have hearts or feelings like what we have."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Remember Duddys version?
    That was one of the funniest sketches I've seen. Especially where they quoted Sheila as sayin that there was loads of drug abuse at CTYI. Can't wait; only three days left!!! And S1 is coming to an end. Poor S1ers! Isn't tonight last disco night for them?! The weather was sooo nice last year. It better not be crappy this year!

• Advertisement

Well according to Zounds, today is wednesday, so end of session isn't till tomorrow:rolleyes:

Well according to Zounds, today is wednesday, so end of session isn't till tomorrow:rolleyes:

quiet you :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

The weather was sooo nice last year. It better not be crappy this year!
    Yeah, what was with that? It was like a seperate country or something.

Hmmm...the Republic of CTYI....

How about People's Democratic Republic?

"Like all People's Democratic Republics, it was in fact an authoritarian Communist dictatorship." - Sir Humphrey Appleby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Yeah, what was with that?
    I think it had something to do with the whol global warming thing. Maybe it's not such a bad thing after all! It's already raining (well at least it is here in the middle of no-where). I hope that's not a bad omen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by J Campion
    I think it had something to do with the whol global warming thing. Maybe it's not such a bad thing after all! It's already raining (well at least it is here in the middle of no-where). I hope that's not a bad omen!
    It may be due to substandard insulation in nearby Ballymun, causing a massive pocket of high(er than normal) pressure hot air in the area, thus causing clear skies and plenty of sun.

However, those attending S2 may wish to pack raingear and face masks. In fact, I recommend full NBC gear, as the towers in Ballymun are coming down, which may well cause a cloud of asbestos and dust to descend over the area, blacking out the sun in the area of Ballymun, in a similar fashion to the dust cloud that (allegedly) killed the dinosaurs.

*reads what he just wrote*
    Now that's quackery at it's finest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

it was cos they were DRINKING in the disco.
    they've all been sent home.
    i suppose its not TOO bad, as it was in the last week, but its a bit steep for them to have been banned for evermore.
    still, its a wee bit silly, the discos are like, a natural high (if you will) so i dont think anything can make it better. especially not something which could get me banned.
    ah well. id say they've more than learned their lesson.

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    It may be due to substandard insulation in nearby Ballymun, causing a massive pocket of high(er than normal) pressure hot air in the area, thus causing clear skies and plenty of sun.

However, those attending S2 may wish to pack raingear and face masks. In fact, I recommend full NBC gear, as the towers in Ballymun are coming down, which may well cause a cloud of asbestos and dust to descend over the area, blacking out the sun in the area of Ballymun, in a similar fashion to the dust cloud that (allegedly) killed the dinosaurs.

*reads what he just wrote*
    Now that's quackery at it's finest

:rolleyes: ........:D .........:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

However, those attending S2 may wish to pack raingear and face masks. In fact, I recommend full NBC gear

It seems to me that someone really wants a uniform this year.

Dude, there are tshirts. Last year they were blue and all!!! And you can put them over your head to block out asbestos clouds/the world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement