Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Heel Turn

• 05-07-2004 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well, there have been may, some utterly predictable, others devastating in thier shock value. What are peoples favourites??

Stephs heel turn was absolutely brilliant. If it happened today I would prob see it coming, but then, I was totally shocked. the whole angle was around her supposed drugged wedding to Hunter, in the end she sides with him, and dis owns Vince. Man was she hotter then than now!

Y2J ever so slow heel turn around the end of inVasion was brilliant as well, and I suppose HHHs turn on HBK when DX 'returned'.

Austins at WM 17 was special as well, especially as the home crowd so desperatley wanted him to win, even cheering the 1-2-3, then realising that he had turned. Outstanding.

Probably the best of all time, was Hogans at Bash At The Beach 96. I have yet to see it, but I finally got the DVD off ebay, so that should arrive any day soon :cool: .

One of the most wasted oppurtunities for a double turn was at WM 18 - Rock Vs Hogan. The crowd were popping heel Hogan, and booing face Rock. There were so many oppurtunities for the Rock to over heel big time, hut for whatever reason, the bookers decided to align Rock and Hogan against the nWo in one of the suckiest angles of all time.

So apart from the clichéd heel turns, like Austins and Hogans above, what are people favourites?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

when tatanka sold out to the million dollar man and stabbed his friend lex luger in the back.

From what i can remember (was only young at the time) Tatanka and Lex were a tag team, million dollar man (who was going around buying ppl at this time) claimed he had bought lex luger. Tatanka didnt know if he could trust lex going into a big tag team title match against two of diabese's guys. The big question was had lex sold out but in the end it was tatanka who was bought.

If that was to happen now it would be spotted a mile away and WWE would get slaughterd online for being too predictible but at the time....for me anyway i never saw it coming.

Also the rocks heel turn at the king of the ring against mankind when he turned all corparate and stuff that was cool aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

The ultimate is obviously Hogan's in 96.

But my favourite was Owen Hart turning on Bret at Royal Rumble 94.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Hogan in 96 and the Rock at King of the Ring - two of the finest heel turns ever

Hogan because it was quite shocking

and the Rock because they used the Hart/Michaels finish to make Rock the most hated man ever - besides Vinny mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

ye all missed a major one that redefined the whole wrestling genre, michaels throwin jannetty thro brutus the barber beefcakes glass window!! without that we'd may never have had dx,ladder matches,hell in a cell matches the hbk vs hhh feud!! gotta fly,im finished work and aint hangin round now that i dont get paid to be here!! plenty more heel turns but gotta fly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

cant believe i forgot that one, i cried when that happened i loved the rockers so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

Obviuosly it has to be hogan. The biggest babyface ever turning heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

has to be the rock at king of the ring?, he had foley in the sharpshooter and vince rang the bell. Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Its a pity that heel turns now can be seen a mile off. I don't know if its because as the WWE has evolved from the days of being mainly about the wrestling, with the story lines to compliment it, to now where the wrestling seems to be almost 2nd best to the gimmicks/storylines. Or, if, as I was about 8 in them days, that I just wasn't clued in enough to see it coming.

I remember years ago (late 80s/early 90's) where it was almost unthinkable for someone to interfere in a match, and where heel turns were major shocks. Now I know if someone is going to turn - the only slightly interesting thing is when it will happen.

Best heel turn for me I think was the Rock at KOTR, joining the mcmahons and their corporation. I think that was the last heel turn that was kinda unexpected and exciting.

Sorry if this is off topic a bit, but does anyone else long for the days when the storylines were a background to the wrestling and not vice versa? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

H.H.H when D.X was supposed to re-unite and he ended up pedigreeing H.B.K...I hoped against hope so much that actually believed it would happen so it kind of upset and disappointed me which is more emotion than I show when the likes of Bob Holly or Tajiri went heel!....Also Kurt Angle's introductionary Heel Turn...if you could call it that...he was being billed as an American hero and wrestled his debut match in his hometown and brillantly WWE(F at the time!) didn't let him on mic till after the match so through out the match the fans went crazy cheering for him even though his opponent was Shawn freakin Stasiak!..then he wins easily..gets on the Mic and totally trashes the people...Everyone in the arena was a bit taken back but then you could tell they loved it...stroke of genius on Mr. McMahons part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I too long for the golden days...modern day wrestling just isn't what it used to be...Champions were Champions for years, Face turns were always unexpected, There was one good guy commentator and the other bad, The Camera Angles and editing were less painfully obvious and patronising and Wrestlers who couldn't act kept their mouths shut and were givin managers..proper managers like Jim Cornette, Paul Bearer, Ted Debiase, Lou Albano, Jimmy Hart, Bobby The Brain etc. I like that there are very very sexy women such as Stacy, Torrie and Trish in WWE but they should be in a more...mmmm...eye candy type role..not Al Wilson roles!!!!...Stacy is doing it at the moment only appearing to dance and show what she's got.................lol wow how off topic I'm sorry

• Advertisement
Advertisement