Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftp Server on IOLBB

• 06-07-2004 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am trying to setup a FTP server in my home that i can connect to from work..

i am using a Zyxel 623 modem..

anyone got any idea how to route the traffic through to the pc??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Assuming thats the same modem IOL supplied ME with, go to the NAT settings, it should be SUA only, enter port 21 (FTP) and the IP of the machine hosting the FTP server (statically would be best).
    if you want to use a dynamic DNS service then do that, i recomment http://www.dyndns.com, and the modem supports it directly which is nice.

EIther way, the modem should send all incoming FTP traffic to whatever machine you specified, but you wont be able to test this locally, you'll have to get someone else to try and connect so you can test it.

i.e i'm at igy.gotdns.com, but if i type that in my browser here, it wont connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bobthebobbob

thanks... i'll give it a go now......

**update**

nice1 thanks, it worked....

Advertisement