Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus 9800xt overclock help?

Options
  • 06-07-2004 1:58am
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

I seem to be having major difficulty overclocking this card.

Its on a stock cooler but I have a vantec spectrum pci fan card pumping alot of air at but saing that I'm just overclocking the card for benchmarks and I intend to run it at stock normally. I'm on the latest 4.6 ati drivers.

Stock speed is 412/730

Now I have no trouble with the core overclocking. I threw that up to 465 for a short time with ATI tool and scanned for artifacts for a while was none so I left it. Then I tried to overclock the memory only to be confronted by artifacts after moving the memory up a mere 10 mhz. I'm happy with the core infact I might turn it down but I can't seem to get the memory any higher?

Surely it must overclock higher.

Also been running aquamark and seen the difference the core speed made to graphics card mark. But I was wondering since I don't intend overclocking the cpu till my MSI board arrives in 2 days would overclocking the cpu also boost the marks of the graphics card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ok if its benching and highest scores are a must........

Try using Win2k OS , DX8.1 , Catalyst 3.1/3.2/3.5/3.7.

Fresh install and try that for higher benchmarks. On the overclock thing, try reversing the flow of the spectrum fan? Mabye Ram sinks?

Advertisement