Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Live Issue with Top Spin

Options
  • 06-07-2004 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Ive been trying to play Top Spin against my best mate for about 6 months now over XBOX live and have never once managed to get it working.

We both use Eircom broadband, me on a wired network and himself on a wireless network.

The problem is that everytime I invite him to a game or he invites me to a game, the system throws up the error message that the session is no longer available even though we are sitting there on the phone to each other and we know that the game is still available.

I was wondering if anyone had this problem before or knew of any potential solutions?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

the folks at xbox live support would know more than random blokes here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

This problem may be related to using routers.

I have had the same problem myself with Project Gotham Racing 2.

When you connect to Xbox live the server test you to see what type of remote connections your router allows.

You are classified in one of the following classes

1 = anyone can connect to you and you can connect to them
    2 = severly restricted router you can only connect to other class 2 users
    3 = partial restriction you can connect to class 1 and 3 users.

You can find out your class by doing the following in the dash board

network settings -> connect

When it completes press 'y' and it will take you into another window, press 'a' (i think or maybe 'back') and a second window opens and shows 'm:' (or n, cannot remeber) and the class.

Advertisement