Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone got chromes?

Options
  • 06-07-2004 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Just ordered a set of 18" Chromes :) *blingbling*

Just wodnering if anyone else here has chromes on their car? What do you use to keep th em clean? Are they easily damaged? Anything you should be careful for...apart from potholes?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Bit too bling for my taste. :D I'm sure they'd look the business on a Chevy Impala or something like that though. What are you putting them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

MG ZR, only reason im splashing out on chromes is because I have chrome-look M3 Mirrors and the trim on my lexus lights are chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

I spose warm soapy water would be the best thing for cleaning. I'd stay a mile away from kerbs as well, as they'll f*** your chrome up fairly quick if you scrape off them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Will you post a pic of them when you get them on?

yeh im gonna avoid kerbs like the plague... and potholes!

Yeah sure ill post pics when I get them fited. Theyre coming from Italy, so could take up to a week to arrive :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

What type of chromes you get? link to them?

Their easily the best looking wheels out at the minute i think at a not too bad a price either.

I'm thinking about getting the ICE 299's in 18's from

here

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

chrome wheels look best on black cars imo

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

a word of advise about the chrome and cleaning, standard warm soapy water to wash em, use something like gunk or some other tar remover if there is anything like that on there, but to keep the bling bling look use autosol chrome polish, works wonders on all things chrome, especially all the chrome on my bike :D

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/uploads/images_products_large/281.jpg theres the ones ill be puttin on... im also investign in Locknuts :)

Eye - Thanks for the advise, will invest in some chrome cleaner. Id say my procedure will be: Warm Soapy water => Petrol to remove tar => Warm soapy Water => Chrome Wax

Advertisement