Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I still can't believe these are on sale....

Options
  • 06-07-2004 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

....and more importantly, that people are buying them......

Wait for it..... Chrome Spinners.....in wheel-trim form..... they look ****e..and stick out about a mile from the tyre! I saw them on a Punto the other day. The absolute epitome of tack :D

http://www.localcarsupplies.com/wheel_trims?b=1

What's more is that I think I saw them in Motorway in Blanchardstown for about 80 eurons!!

DC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

SIMPLE TO FIX AS THEY FIT JUST LIKE A STANDARD WHEEL TRIM BUT LOOK 100X MORE IMPRESSIVE (!!?!??!!)

Fo' shizzle my nizzle:

http://www.truckxpressions.com/spinners/balla.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I cant believe people are actually buying these!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

AMAZING NEW IDEA!! TRIMS THAT MAKE YOUR WHEELS LOOK LARGER WITH LOW PROFILE TYRES FITTED!
    Amazing - or just stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

Mother of God!!! I wonder if they do them in 12" form for Micra drivers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by ntl Technical
    Mother of God!!! I wonder if they do them in 12" form for Micra drivers?

Ya forgot the Punto's toooooooooooooooo!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yeah i seen them on a car already from behind. They do stick out quite a bit... cack looking

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I saw a new E46 3 series with them recently and a friend saw a new 6 with them.
    Just shows that having money doesn't mean you have taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Must get some and my car will be complete! :D

Now if they had a nice spike sticking out of them! :ninja:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I saw a set of the wheel trim version on a micra last week ... she had the fake exhaust clip on for it too ... I nearly crashed my car laughing :D

Saw a set of chrome alloys [must have been 18's at least] on an Beemer ... they were the spinning kind & I have to say that it looked sh!t hot :cool:

They were similar to these:

TrumpSpin.jpg

I can just see it though ... there'll be loads of boyracers/girlracers in their micra's et al with their spinning wheel trims & the accessory of choice will be:

money_spin_tn.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Actually I got it wrong ... the necklace of choice will be:

leaf_spin_tn.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

They were big in the states a year ago, I guess the boy racers here are now playing catchup!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Praetorian
    They were big in the states a year ago, I guess the boy racers here are now playing catchup!

well if you were a boyracer driving a micra with all the ****e they put on their cars,
    you'd be playing catchup to everything.. including OAP's in wheelchairs and zimmerframes.. :D

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Check out the spelling on that site... and the AOL email.

Nice.

Advertisement