Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 DVD Matrix Box Set

• 06-07-2004 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭

Wow.... Its a very overrated series, but you have to admit that the boxset is impressive. (Source: Digital Spy )

---
    The Matrix trilogy is to be released as part of a special ten-disc DVD boxset in time for Christmas, according to the DVD Times.

Out on December 12 and with an RRP of £44.99, the specs are as follows:

Disc One: The Matrix

All-new transfer supervised by the Wachowskis and director of photography (DP), Bill Pope
    Audio commentary by Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, DP Bill Pope and other cast and crew

Disc Two: The Matrix Revisited (180 Minutes)

Same special features as previous release
    Offers comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at the first film in the trilogy

Disc Three: Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes)

New cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' game
    Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis and Kimble Rendall and other cast and crew

Disc Four: Matrix Reloaded Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Five: Matrix Revolutions

Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Special Effects Supervisor, John Gaeta; editor, Zach Staenberg and other cast and crew

Disc Six: Matrix Revolutions Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Seven: The Animatrix

Same special features as previous release

Disc Eight: The Roots Of The Matrix - Special Features (180 Minutes)

The Matrix and the History of the Action Genre - Examines the many influences of action cinema that make up The Matrix
    Brainiacs’ Revenge - Scholars, Philosophers, Theorists, and Charlatans deconstruct the intellectual underpinnings of the trilogy
    The Science Behind the Fiction – Is the notion of a real Matrix plausible? An investigation of the technologies that inspire the metaphor of The Matrix

Disc Nine: The Burley Man Chronicles - Special Features (75 Minutes)

The Burley Man Chronicles - The “Human” story of the making of the Matrix, as well as the game Enter the Matrix
    Rave Reel- A club-oriented montage of unused and newly edited footage from Reloaded
    Spoofs of the Matrix -The “Best-Of” these various clips

Disc Ten: The Zion Archive - Special Features

Zion Archive - Production assets developed for the Matrix universe, including concept artwork, storyboards, drawings, etc
    Basic ROM Features
    ---

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭The Dr00g

I'll take the red one...

Thank you. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I want 1.
    I also wouldent ind the kill bill box set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Waste of money. 10 discs just for one decent film among it.
    Don't even get me started on Enter The Matrix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

It seems a little excessive to have three hours discs for each film and then to include a further four hours of special features on additional discs. And a full disc for purely storyboards and such? There is a point where you are giving way too much information about something. There is no way to sustain interest over that length of time. Especially when the directors aren't going to have anything to say. I could do without fourteen hours of Joel Silver to be quite honest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

They really are milking it for every last cent...

And I can sum up all those examinations and special features in one sentence:

'Well, neo is actually christ....'

There I just saved you 44.99 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

heh, f*ckin mechines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭The Dr00g

Sure, 'The Matrix' was A-class material (regardless of the K. Reeves "Mr. Wood" factor)... But I found 'Reloaded' and 'Revolutions' both to be pretty darn entertaining movies, even if only for the sheer mastery of cinematic technology and artistry. As for all the extra materials... Always an educational insight, I find.

I'll see you in 'The Matrix - Online'

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

What I'd like:

Discs Two - Ten: The Wachowskis and Joel Silver apologising and begging for forgiveness

I'd buy that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    What I'd like:

Discs Two - Ten: The Wachowskis and Joel Silver apologising and begging for forgiveness

I'd buy that.

Roffle!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    What I'd like:

I'd buy that

matrix 2 was not too bad, but three was terrible, what an awful ending to the trilogy, I mean what were they thinking of???

• Advertisement
Advertisement