Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad experiences in Irish tattoo/piercing shops

Options
  • 06-07-2004 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen a few comments on here about people having had bad experiences in, to name two places, Bodyshock and Snakebite. I was a bit surprised at this (especially Snakebite)....so post up here the particulars of your bad experience, i'm sure it'll make interesting reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Eth0, once this gets going, any chance of some sort of sticky with recommended (or NOT recommended!) tattoo/piercing places? I'm sure anyone reading this board thinking of getting a piercing/tatt would appreciate it, not to mention the aul crusties who want to get one more ink fix ;) Maybe individual piercers/artists that people have had good experiences with could also be mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I dont think it would be very fair to black list some piercing places well other than georges arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by I am MAN
    I dont think it would be very fair to black list some piercing places well other than georges arcade.

What? No one is "blacklisting" anything here, IAMMAN!
    If you read my post, you'd understand that.

I said I was suprised to hear of people having bad experiences in those two particular shops, as they have good reputations, and I thought perhaps people might be interested in hearing the stories.

Sico - good idea, i'll speak to Hellrazer about it, we definitely need a few more stickies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Is it fair not to warn people against potentially being scarred for life? Noone's on a witch-hunt here, but people have a right to know whether a certain piercing/tattoo shop/artist know what they're doing, especially considering the permanent nature of body mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

surely most of these places would give fair warning themselves anyway... i mean a good piercer would encourage their potential customers to be doubly sure about their decision to get a tattoo and warn them of the potential dangers particularly Snakebite and Bodyshock and other well established piercing studios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Shanannigan
    surely most of these places would give fair warning themselves anyway... i mean a good piercer would encourage their potential customers to be doubly sure about their decision to get a tattoo and warn them of the potential dangers particularly Snakebite and Bodyshock and other well established piercing studios

I don't think you've grasped the point of this thread. This is about people who experience rubbish piercers, bad hygiene standards etc. It's not really the piercer/tattooists job to make sure a customer REALLY wants their tattoo/piercing. If someone is over 18 and sober, it's their decision. Apart from when people get tattoos of band names, name of their girlfriend etc, a lot of artists will refuse to do tattoos like them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by eth0_
    What? No one is "blacklisting" anything here, IAMMAN!
    If you read my post, you'd understand that.

I said I was suprised to hear of people having bad experiences in those two particular shops, as they have good reputations, and I thought perhaps people might be interested in hearing the stories.

Sico - good idea, i'll speak to Hellrazer about it, we definitely need a few more stickies :)

Yep get the thread back on topic and we`ll sticky it.
    Richie

Advertisement