Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving Problem, Help

Options
  • 06-07-2004 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello

I was saving a game on championship manager 00/01 a year and a half into it 3rd in the 2nd division and just after winning the manager on the month award. When I saved the game crashed. When I went to load it again it I was told that the file did not exist. I searched everywhere but cant locate it. There is a record in the hall of fame of my managership. Any way of reactivating the game? Please help me. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

if your game crashed mid-save your fecked - sorry..

You should always have backup saves (we have a feature in 0304 called 'rolling autosave' - which rotates between 3 saves, thus giving you said backups)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭decritic

Thanks for the bad news, it crashed mid-saving alright. Sorry for my ignorance but how do I make backups? Can I save to a cd? What is the recommended strategy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I just do a 'save as..' every few weeks of game time between 3 or 4 games - so even in the event of a problem you only will loose a month or two of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭decritic

Thank you, looks like i learned the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

same thing happened to me a while ago , I save once every week with a save as , aswell as a regular save .

• Advertisement
Advertisement