Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Threads

Options
  • 06-07-2004 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Perhaps twould be a good idea to allow users to move their own threads elsewhere, twould stop all of that "oops wrong forum, please delete" lark.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think you can delete your own threads. Click the "Edit" link, and tick the "Delete" checkbox.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I dont think you can delete the threads, maybe when theyre brand new, but once theres a reply you cant (only mods and admins).

Moving for normal posters could work... but is there not the potential for abuse then?
    (if you allow them to move a thread and leave a link on the original there could be)

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

How come your unbanned.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Boston
    How come your unbanned.

/me chokes

the.... irony...

Truckle, can you imagine how annoying it would be if some advertising spammer flicked their own thread around each board, rotating often enough for it not to be closed by a mod?
    Chaos ensues...

The only way it would work would be if a mod had to confirm the move, which would kind of defeat the purpose :) .

Originally posted by CuLT
    /me chokes

the.... irony...

Just it was such a big deal at the time. Ecksor doesn't tend towards temp bans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I unbanned you, didn't I?

Actually I thought to myself, ecksor doesn't ban people just to **** with there heads, this truckle character must be a right muppet for ecksor to ban him like that. So I changed my mind and decided it was nothing to do with me. And thats why you unbanned me. So whats the storry where you pissing about playing games ecksor, or did he actually offend you somehow. I was sitting there thinking I'd unintentionally offened you somehow...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Reread the thread.

I did, and i suddenly thought to myself that user calling you a spa was maybe Truckle. But if that was true why would he be unbanned, he doesn't share a flat with someone does he...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Meanwhile back and the ranch....no-one can delete threads unless a) they're admin or b) mod on thier own board.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement