Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installed a high-powered shower pump?

• 06-07-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭

HI,

I'm looking into installing one of those super-duper showers with the body jets and was wondering if anyone had any experiences installing them?

As far as I know, you need the shower head with the jet thingys.
    You also need a separate pump and I've been looking at these ones LINK

Are they noisy?
    I guess you may also need to install bigger hot & cold water tanks in the attic?

Any clues?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

My sis got one in - a seven head shower. Had to up the pump to a 3bar model and increase the hot water tank size, double it in fact

but it is the dogs proverbial:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yeah I'd say they wake you up alright!
    Dunno about the 7 head, maybe 4 will do me.

Is the pump noisy at all? I don't really want the windows to rattle when I take a shower!
    As long as it's only the hot water tank and not the cold water (which a lot bigger) then I wouldn't mind.

How much did the whole system cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

Get a competent plumber in to survey your existing system before you purchase anything.

Do not believe anything the salespeople in bathroom suppliers tell you, they are not plumbers.

You will need to replace your current hot water cylinder & increase the cold water storage. You may also need to replace your current boiler in order to heat the increased amount of hot water.

The best system for this application is an unvented pressurised cylinder & possibly dedicated high output boiler.

Its expensive but its the proper job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    Is the pump noisy at all?
    How much did the whole system cost?

No more so than any other. Couldn't say on cost as it was part of a major job on her house.

Advertisement