Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this really say this?

Options
  • 06-07-2004 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

I was browsing through a French forum, and my French is limited so I was using babelfish. Anyway, can you translate these lines for me?

débarques pas en short car tes amourettes vont geler et là tu auras de gros problèmes à trouver l'ame soeur

babelfish gave me: do not unload out of shorts because your passing fancies will freeze and there you will have big problems to find the soul mate.

Actually looking at it now, it does seem to say that. What a strange phrase though. How come sister makes up soulmate though?

Also,

je déconne = I talk cock ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Don't turn up in shorts because your balls will freeze and then finding your soulmate will be a big problem.

Je deconne = I'm bullshi_ting

l'ame soeur - yeah, it means soulmate in French but I don't know where the expression came from. Iirc Plato had some parable where every soul is split in 2 and everybody has a soul mate or other half of their split soul somewhere in the world, maybe that's where it came from - the resultant two split souls would be sister souls given that âme is a feminine word in French. But I might be wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Thank you!
    Jesus, babelfish makes normal speech sound perverted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Spot on, simu...!

And Exit, if you think Babelfish garbles things, check out Lost in Translation..! (nothing to do with the film of the same title!)

peckerhead

Advertisement