Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM Cap Charging

• 06-07-2004 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this has been implemented? I kinda went a little crazy last month (June) and i'm hoping they aren't charging for June? Any input would be a great help thanks.

Also another question, i tried to change over to Digiweb to avail of their lack of download limits but EIRCON blocked the DSL transfer, anyone know why this might have happened? I'm guessing its because the contract isnt up for another 3 months but surely i can buy that out now?

Ok, hope someone can help me,

WellyJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

we got an phonecall on the 1st of July informing us we should change up to eircom business broadband plus because we had used 98% of our bandwidth, we were then told if we did go over the limit standard rate charges for per 10 mb over the limit will be billed to us.

So i guess they are charging now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

So im guessing that means from July onwards they will be charging for over the limit? Also, this business product you mentioned doesnt seem to be detailed anywhere on their impossible to navigate website. Do you have any info on it? like the speed/GB Limit/price per month etc.

Also do you know what the charge per 10MB is at the moment with Eircon?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by WellyJ
    Also do you know what the charge per 10MB is at the moment with Eircon?

I think that would make it 30 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Eircom have already began charging some users for usage over the bandwidth limit. I'm not sure what their selection process is though - seems to be pretty random.

It's fair enough IMHO.

What are you claiming is fair? The limit itself or the random selection process for charging users. The latter doesnt seem fair to me at all. But hopefully anyway they wont charge for June and im gonna stick to the limit from now on just in case. Until i upgrade to Digiweb's 1MB service witho no D/L limits anyway. Just have to hold out for the 12 month contract to end which i think is september.

And before i get flamed i know i should have stuck to the limit anyway and im not arguing about that. If i get charged it's my own fault as the limit is well documented and every user knows about it. 8 Gigs though seems a little unfair to me seeing as Esat has a 16Gig limit for a similar price, but anyway, thats life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

I'm saying it's fair because you knew exactly what you signed up for. They said 8 gigs and you agreed to that. They said if you go over 8 gigs they'll charge you extra. You agreed to that to.

So I don't see any problem.

No doubt they'll eventually get everyone who has gone over the cap, so the at present random selection will be done away with...

I'm beginning to realise that your sig makes a lot of sense, but i dont think you understand what i'm saying.

Im saying its not fair that some users get charged for a couple of months ago and others dont. How on earth is that supposed to be fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bear in mind that digiweb are fond of throttling the port even if u havnt been using that much its happened to me quite a bit, and not just with better known p2p stuff but got me over dc++ aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

im not sure what the residential charging is but for business its suppose to be 1 euro per 10 meg over the limit.

The only threathend to tho, ill put it an bit over the limit this month and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

UTV are now charging for traffic over the limit also. Something like 1.5c/megabyte I think.
    They give you an option on their site to opt to have your account suspended until the first day of the following month when you go over the cap, or to charge you for going over and keep the service going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭istep

Anyone know if this has been implemented? I kinda went a little crazy last month (June) and i'm hoping they aren't charging for June? Any input would be a great help thanks.

Define "kinda went a little crazy"

Went a little crazy = 22687MB AKA 22.6GB

Basically, if they are charging i will owe like 400 euro :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

I'm sure this has been beaten to death already, but if I'm an RADSL user how exactly can I upgrade beyond 8GB with Eircom?

Advertisement