Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Petrol open at Clare Hall

• 06-07-2004 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

My Dad was passing by it today, he said it's open 24 hour and the petrol is 92 cent a litre.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anyone try this new Dunnes Stores thing where you get a fiver off or something if you spend over 40 euro in Texaco? is it worth it? I know texaco have the best petrol but they are also usually the most exp.....

Get my petrol in Tesco Finglas at the moment! do they still do the 5cent off if you spend over 40? never tried it myself! always cheaper than normal garages! handy when you go thru 40 euro each week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

So what?? Petrol in Newbridge (Co. Kildare) is 91.9 a litre

Originally posted by jayo99

Thats great but everyone else beside me is a euro or more a litre!! Tesco is usually at least 5 cent cheaper than anywhere else in Dublin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Where in Newbridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Take your pick..

McLoughlins (Texaco) 91.9
    Brennans (Maxol) 91.9

got some on sunday, just cheked on http://www.irishfuelprices.com/motorfuelprices.php?county=kildare
    and its still the same price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

i think Toughers is 91.5 (on dual carriage-way between Naas and Newbridge)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is irishfuelprices actually up to date? Seems tesco is 91.50 too but it was not that cheap last time i was there. thats what i use since it first opened up.

Tesco was 92.6 or something last Monday when I filled up! seems to be aorund the 92 point for the last while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Anyone try this new Dunnes Stores thing where you get a fiver off or something if you spend over 40 euro in Texaco? is it worth it? I know texaco have the best petrol but they are also usually the most exp.....

Tesco the most expensive for shopping? Your pulling the piss right??

The Tesco price is slightly high at the moment but its pretty much that cheapest in an area 90% of the time...

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Tesco the most expensive for shopping? Your pulling the piss right??

The Tesco price is slightly high at the moment but its pretty much that cheapest in an area 90% of the time...

You talking about Tesco or Texaco? Tesco is down to 91.9 for petrol and grogeries are usually fairly well priced as well...used to work in one:-)

Texaco I have found is one of the most exp places to get petrol but they are also suppose to have the best petrolium percentage so last longer!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

I thought this too...but there's a Texaco on the Malahide Road (just down the road from Tesco Clarehall, surprise surprise) that is currently matching Tesco's price (91.9). Therefore, if you do the Dunnes offer, you could get petrol for 86.9 cent per litre....not too shabby!

DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yes stations near Tesco have to try and match Tescos price or loose business. I got it for 92. something the other day :D At Tesco of course. Anyway dunnes is doing nothing new! If you spend over €40 at tesco you also get 5c off a litre.. only difference is with them its only at tesco stations. Dunnes just took their offer and made it a little better but only if you use it at a cheap petrol station to begin with.

Originally posted by Saruman
    Yes stations near Tesco have to try and match Tescos price or loose business. I got it for 92. something the other day :D At Tesco of course. Anyway dunnes is doing nothing new! If you spend over €40 at tesco you also get 5c off a litre.. only difference is with them its only at tesco stations. Dunnes just took their offer and made it a little better but only if you use it at a cheap petrol station to begin with.

Not anymore! was over in Tesco finglas and spend 50 quid in there......first time I had bothered and asked for the voucher to fill the car! sorry dont do this anymore was the answer! still only 91.9! anyone know how long Dunnes r doing there deal?

Not anymore! was over in Tesco finglas and spend 50 quid in there......first time I had bothered and asked for the voucher to fill the car! sorry dont do this anymore was the answer! still only 91.9! anyone know how long Dunnes r doing there deal?

Yep, Tesco's offer finished a good while back around the time petrol prices peaked.

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I've heard that tesco petrol isn't great quality, and that it burns off quicker than normal petrol. I've heard this from a few people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

much like the rest of Tesco Branded stuff then:ninja:

Originally posted by HashSlinging
    I've heard that tesco petrol isn't great quality, and that it burns off quicker than normal petrol. I've heard this from a few people.

Well any time I've seen tankers filling up the Tesco fourcourts, it's always been a 'Statoil' one...Hmmmm maybe Statoil have 'Tesco Grade' fuel :D

DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

[B
    ]got some on sunday, just cheked on http://www.irishfuelprices.com/motorfuelprices.php?county=kildare
    and its still the same price [/B]

just went to check that link...

This site will be temporarily unavailable from 14 July until 3 August"

hmm thats not temporarily in Internet terms - thats Offline for nearly three weeks.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Originally posted by ozmo
    just went to check that link...

hmm thats not temporarily in Internet terms - thats Offline for nearly three weeks.

Incredibly bad internet proactice. They should have kept the existing site up while developing the new one and then just switched over. Unless the site has been bought out and is now to be sponsored by Texaco or Statoil...:D

Advertisement