Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying a new bike...help me decide

Options
  • 06-07-2004 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

ok im in the market for a new machine

looking for a 500cc i have it down to 2 choices

either the honda cb 500

or

the suzuki GS 500

both are in my price range for cost and insurance and from what i've read both are equaly good. any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

Gs is a nice bike, i've had one for just over a year from new, and no probs. 5500 on the clock, couple of long weekends away and loving every minute! The only issue would be the shape of the tank, if your a bloke watch out! The shape of the tank is a bit odd, my boyfriend took the gs for spin(while i rode his ducati! hehe.) hit a hump on the road and nearly died after hitting the tank. Watch out, its no fun as i was told to be a bloke on a gs when this happens! take one for a spin, I love it, I hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Not much to tell them apart tbh. I'd go with the Honda if pushed. There are far more tatty GSs around than CBs.

Why not a Bandit 600 ?. Poss the restricted model is insurance is a prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Big difference in the prices of the Honda and the Suzuki though. Have you considered either the Kawasaki GPZ500 or the naked version - the ER500?

Advertisement