Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were Ya at the Metallica Concert, in the RDS?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by the_obsolete
    Okay dude, are you a drummer first of all? Also I don't like licking balls, but you might since you suggested it. And how did 'true' Metallica die with Cliff? What about the other 3, are they not the 'true' Metallica? Would it be right to say that 'true' Metallica went when Mustane was kicked out? I think not.
    Finally, how do you know he's a dickhead? Have you ever met the guy? He mustn't be that bad if he's still in the band.

No, I am not a drummer. I am also not in a boy band but that shouldn't stop me from saying westlife are shite too. As for the Cliff comment, he was the heart and soul of the band, it probably doesn't sound that way to some of the newer fans, but the older folks will know what I mean. And yes, I have met him and Kirk in 1992. Kirk was cool, Lars wasn't. I met James 2 years ago also, he was cool as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Jesus how the hell did ya get ta meet them...lucky bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by the_obsolete
    Jesus how the hell did ya get ta meet them...lucky bastard!

Walking down Grafton Street the day of the show, I think it was Oct 30th 1992. I met Hetfield in the US.

Damn you I say...damn you to heck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I was there. But where are all those pics?

I quite enjoyed it TBH, the crowd weren't quite what I expected (a bit more cynical I think), and the moshing was below my lofty expectations but I feel that for the most part, Metallica performed well. The put a lot into whiskey, and their latter tracks, but their rendition of Creeping Death stank more than a 2 year old egg salad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

i was there

lostprophets were crap imo

slipknot were good even though i dont like them. would have been better if the sound quality wasnt so ****e.

Metallica were amazing imo, much better then last year definately, and i wasnt the biggest fan of them by any means, i used to be, but i wont doubt them again after that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

metallica are brilliant

bonjovi is a big loser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭GASUN

Took a few from way back. Most suffered due to camera shake. You can see them on my site link below. Regards,
    GASUN.
    www.gasun.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

good pix.
    no LP, no SK :(
    get rid of the gifs, you nearly crahsed my pc !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Ive never liked metallica tbh... not my cup of tea all.So I can't really comment on them except to say I dislike them immensely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I was at the gig, very front row. I thought it was brilliant. I hate slipknot more than I hate razor blades being run across exposed dental nerves, but I have to say they put on a good show and I enjoyed them somewhat. I enjoyed Lost Prophets because I was able to shout lividly at the lead singer and guitarist.

And lastly I enjoyed Metallica. I have been listening to them for years, I queued at 4am last year and again this year, and it was worth it. The only thing I didn't liek is that I can't afford to see Death Angel tomorrow becaue of it :(

As for the Lars bashing, no Lars is not the world's greatest drummer. And he doesn't damn well have to be. And I personally found his drumming very good on ...And Justice For All, he was a little more inspired with the use of his bass drums. There are plenty of worse drummers out there. If you'll notice, drumming is also about how well timed you are. And Lars is very well timed. Unlike Joey who fell behind on a number of occassions, attempting his drum fills and super double bass beats. So let's all be a little more realistic when we bash Lars, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont know much about lars capabilities, but i think he should sit the **** down, i didnt see LP and SK`s drummers getting out of their seats until the end.
    Also he seems like a prick just like that jorn bassist feildy or some****. Also napster *humbug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Originally posted by LightofDarkness
    The only thing I didn't liek is that I can't afford to see Death Angel tomorrow becaue of it :(

I had 4 tickets to that but I sold them to a few people I know that are under the sales age for €45 each and with that hopefully I'll still have the money come next month when I can get meh Motorhead/Sepultura ticket and hopefully have some left over for any gigs next year.

Originally posted by Placebo
    i dont know much about lars capabilities, but i think he should sit the **** down, i didnt see LP and SK`s drummers getting out of their seats until the end.
    Also he seems like a prick just like that jorn bassist feildy or some****. Also napster *humbug*

Sure some drummers do that...they put on a show for the crowd, real old-schoolish stuff, don't really see it anymore. As for the Napster incident it was bound to happen, if not with Lars then with some other artiest. Besides engines like that will never be stopped, so who really cares at the end of the day?

Advertisement