Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vBulletin v.3

Options
  • 06-07-2004 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

I noticed that boards.ie only uses vBulletin version 2.3.0. I've been on other message boards and some of them are usin version 3.0.3 of vBuletin. I think it's about time boards.ie upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Me to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Originally posted by ecksor
    Thanks for that.

You're Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by JBoyle4eva
    I think it's about time boards.ie upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148578&highlight=vbulletin
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158478&highlight=vbulletin

:rolleyes:
    Maybe search and read this forum a bit more might make you look less stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

OMG. Make him an admin.

Give him the "Original Ideas wot no one has ever thought of" board to look after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I noticed that boards.ie only uses vBulletin version 2.3.0. I've been on other message boards and some of them are usin version 3.0.3 of vBuletin. I think it's about time boards.ie upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin.

I wish I'd thought of that :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"just upgrading" to VB3.0 maybe a walk in the park for www.discussmypoop.com but for a site that has 1.5 million entries in the "posts" table alone, 20,000 user accounts, 500 people at peak times, 2 servers and serves 1000 pages an hour at 5am, its a little more complex.

Click Finish to Complete Install.... it ain't.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why do (certain) admins assume ppl know that sort of
    arcane stuff?

Mike.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Havent I conveyed the information to him now? :)

What? Cos if that little zing! makes him all tearieweerie he's not going to last 2 days round here is he? :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was'nt aimed at you DeV (as if!).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by mike65
    That was'nt aimed at you DeV (as if!).

Mike.

Phew, just about escaped a ban there, I'd say :D

In fairness to JBoyle, he did suggest version 3.0.3 of vbulletin, the others only suggested 3.0. Genius :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Damn, for a moment there I thought discussmypoop.com was real!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Damn, for a moment there I thought discussmypoop.com was real!

likewise....

/me runs off to buz said domain name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

heh if its not broke dont fix it, tbh boards atm suits me perfectly. Any changes would prob lead to an outroar, sure one needs only to look here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166682

for the complaints over a new front page, never mind a whole new bulletin system

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

true, a new system would cause moans, and possibly alot of problems while everyone settled in... but I wouldn't say a definite no to it just cos of that, it may be a great advantage to boards.ie

saying that, I still dont know whats so great about vb3 that the admins should put all the work into switching over, and I'm not slagging vb3 and saying its crap, I really dont know...:D

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You're Welcome!

You are not worthy of having a space invader avatar. I think it's about time you picked a different one.

Originally posted by amp
    You are not worthy of having a space invader avatar. I think it's about time you picked a different one.

Changed my avatar with amp's requests.

NOTE: picked that one because it covers my face due to embarrassment and stupidity!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Changed my avatar with amp's requests.

NOTE: picked that one because it covers my face due to embarrassment and stupidity!

wuss... stand up for yourself poindexter! :D:p

flogen

welcome to boards. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by flogen
    wuss... stand up for yourself poindexter! :D:p

flogen

duh, I would, but amp is an ADMIN!

Dissapointing them could give me a life long ban, and I like my user name as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No he just lives with one, but I can understand the confusion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Dissapointing them could give me a life long ban, and I like my user name as well!

You don't actually have to do what he says you know....

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Boston

Yes, he has th' appearance of an admin, but is a mod under't...
    Using vbulletin3 on 56k is like breating through a straw. This vbb works quite splendidly on it however.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Originally posted by DeVore
    "just upgrading" to VB3.0 maybe a walk in the park for www.discussmypoop.com but for a site that has 1.5 million entries in the "posts" table alone, 20,000 user accounts, 500 people at peak times, 2 servers and serves 1000 pages an hour at 5am, its a little more complex.

Click Finish to Complete Install.... it ain't.

DeV.

WOW :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

hmmmm I say dont bother with the upgrade :)

Why do people always want newer products.

They get a free service and still complain.

I think you should be banned for life for insulting the admins :D

RunFree

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Damn newbies trying to change stuff........I remember when the interweb was 2 tins cans and a piece of string.............(fades off rambling to myself and dreaming of the smell of fresh tcp!!)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Quiet down you old men!
    Sometimes change is necessary, this is just one of those times it's not...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by flogen
    true, a new system would cause moans, and possibly alot of problems while everyone settled in... but I wouldn't say a definite no to it just cos of that, it may be a great advantage to boards.ie

saying that, I still dont know whats so great about vb3 that the admins should put all the work into switching over, and I'm not slagging vb3 and saying its crap, I really dont know...:D

flogen

Ah flogen you hit the nail on the head there. I heard thats exactly the reason for the hold up but the word around the place is that the admins have been meeting in private and after much debate they have reached what they believe will be the ideal solution for all the problems you have highlighted. The rumour is that before they implement Vbulletin 3 they are going to lock your account.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Boston

Seriously man, get something new.

Advertisement