Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumbass clicksilver installation Question

• 06-07-2004 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

hello everyone

im just after installing the adsl modem that came with clicksilver today everything is smooth but i have noticed that if i goto my Network and Dial-up Connections and click on ZyXEL DIAL UP properties i see that its connecting using ISDN channel and if i goto config this setup i can only pick 64k digital. Im pretty sure ive gone through the basic steps involved in installing the modem..maybe any clicksilver qurus out there can enlighten me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

heres a screenshot ive yet to manage to a speed over 55k could this be the reason or is this the norm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Now that _is_ strange :s:)

its seems that its okay this way...
    I have saw that happening quite a few times where it says it is connecting using the ISDN channel, there is nothing to worry about here as it is connecting to ADSL and using the ADSL zyxel modem

regards,
    Lucy UTV Internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Originally posted by gre_soul
    heres a screenshot ive yet to manage to a speed over 55k could this be the reason or is this the norm?

same for me aswell.....its something to do with the way the modem drivers work

that 55KB/sec you get is 55kbytes a second (about 440kbits/sec) , not 55kbits a sec (this would be the equvialent of a fast dialup connection...equal to 6.8kbytes/sec)...sorry thats really confusing..couldn't think of another way to explain it :dunno:

to get the speed of your connection, click the green DSL icon in your system tray....thatll come up with a few indicators

hth,
    andrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, the zyxel software is a bit weird. If you hold ctrl and click on the zyxel logo you should be able to access some hidden menus that have all sorts of interesting things in them... maybe not that interesting.

My zyxel modem is sitting in a drawer at the moment, got a router a few months ago.

• Advertisement

alright thanks guys ill have to invest in a good router soon ;)

Advertisement