Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Running Light and My Case

Options
  • 06-07-2004 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I mentioned ages ago in a diff tread i was going to mod my case, nothing happened of course!
    But browsing a totally unrelated forum i got the idea of getting a Running LED kit from maplin (or where ever they are cheaper). This here.
    My question is as follow: the kit has 8 led's which isn't enough so if i soldered 10 LEDs instead of 1 to each chanel (not sure what to call it) in parrallel would it still work or would the LEDs be under powered?
    Also does anyone know is it ok to only use 5 of the chanels instead of all 8, would it still work smoothly?

Thanks,

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

You'd get the same voltage through, but the current would be shared, so you'd be decreasing the brighgtness. You'd also have to count in the resistance, which would be less. I'm making something like this.
    (It hasn't been forgotten almost finished. All i need know is a 47KOHM resistor, peats the little feckers gave me 470 OHM reisitor. Actually if somone wnats to post me one, i'll post them €2 euro or whatever they want?)
    Try www.metku.net. It would be possible to make a anything really. You want to have 40 LEDs with 8 on at time? It would be possible with some transistors anyway. Any question just fire them back to me.

Advertisement