Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone had a SECAM video converted to PAL VHS?

Options
  • 06-07-2004 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

well i have just received a SECAM video from a friend in France, unfortunately i was not aware that it would be a SECAM video which means that the video appears in black & white on my tv. So i was wondering if anyone here has had a SECAM video converted to PAL and if so how was it done or did you pay to have it done???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

You need a seperate box.
    The modulating frequencies for the colour signal are different, so have to be shifted.
    Not a trivial modification to a standard video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

I think bada-bing was hinting more at getting a PAL tape copy made from the SECAM tape.

There are places around who will do this for you. Plug terms such as "video tape standards conversion" into Google and you'll get a few. Here's one in Ireland picked at random from the results (never heard of them before, so no idea how good):

http://www.claddaghvideo.sligozone.net/

The quality of the converted tape is very much dependent upon the equipment used for the standards conversion, although this tends to be more of a problem where line standard changes are involved (e.g. 625/PAL to 525/NTSC and vice versa).

Advertisement