Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BS Games Companies

Options
  • 07-07-2004 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Ok half pished and fully peeved

Is it just me or are games companys becoming nothing but greedy cor-pirate tossers

Tonights example KUMA/WARS wasted about 30 minutes downloading their demo (220mb-ish)I installed it next thing a pop up comes up and tells me i have to update to play their poxy demo, What the hell is that crap i downloaded it at work as i only have 56k at home now i have to update presuably by about 120 megs (i saw a demo for the same game with about 340ish megs)
    not only that the usal do you want to install gamespy which is no use to me on 56k and a rather ominus OTHER icons box wich i left unticked.file planet buying up all the files so you have to join them to download someone elses work from them (f********ing leeches)

FFS Far cry you have to go the Ubisoft poxy server to find a multiplayer game .Valve want a shed load of money(if your a net cafe) for basicaly a five year old game engine which they didnt even make(quake anyone).On top of that the most popular mods (ak cs/dod/) have be asimulated into valves stables and effectivly passed off as their own work (to newer gamers).Wait until steam is actualy working well (if ever) they will try charge for starters $9.95 a month for about six months then 14.95 then 19.95 ect ect.

Personaly gaming is one of my ways of relaxing and at the moment i dont feel very relaxed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I suppose all you can do is vote with your feet, and not pay to play.
    If Valve bring in any charges like that, I'm so gone.

I'm not sure what KUMA/WARS is, but the only way I'd see it making sense that you need a new version is if it's played online... but if there's offline play, maybe it's just set to die after a certain date... you could roll the system clock back a few days/weeks and install again... and block the program from accessing the net just incase it's checking for newer versions.

Or you could find other ways to relax, like yoga or something :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

fight teh power....

but on 56k you are limited to retail games...

I read up on Mu online [free iirc] and found it to be quite nice for a while... I still play all the old favourites but there are game online that you can download for free...

Enemty Territory i think is free...

but then again for some of the biggest and most played games...big business will milk the market for all its got....( i dont think BF1942 has ever dropped in price wherever I've seen it)

Advertisement