Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Comms Regulator With Vision (UK of course not IE)

Options
  • 07-07-2004 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Ofcom appointed an LLU enforcer today to make sure that BT won't make a dogs dinner of LLU like our lot have.

This made me weep (quietly and privately) . Our lot have no vision , no balls and simply don't give a damn so it could not happen here.

Maybe Dermot Ahern could organise a ritual stoning or two :D

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

if we emailed mediaoffice@ofcom.org.uk and ask them to send a copy of the presentation to Comreg, that Comreg might take the hint ?

M.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

From the release Muck linked:
    Initial attempts at local loop unbundling in 1999-2001 were unsuccessful, weighed down by both price and operational process issues.
    Jays, I remember Bulldog had unbundled thousands of lines at one stage. In Britain, thousands of unbundled lines is "unsuccessful". Our "regulators" would be creaming themselves. They'd wouldn't even have to "adjust" the figures with bizarre percentages and weird ratios...

The most important thing to remember here, of course, is that our "regulators" had experience to learn from, front-runners to monitor, processes to update and improve; and not in a far-flung country, but just across that tiny wee bit of water there we affectionately call a "sea". And they still forked it up. The junkets prolly weren't impressive enough...

adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    if we emailed mediaoffice@ofcom.org.uk and ask them to send a copy of the presentation to Comreg, that Comreg might take the hint ?
    I was about to suggest that you email the press release to them, just in case they missed it, but I see they removed their email address from the contact page. Surely they're not trying to discourage people from contacting them?

(While I was there I noticed that Big Strong Comreg took out a few pirate radio stations last week. Shame they don't have the balls to take a real perp to court.)

adam

Advertisement