Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having trouble with NTL recently?

• 07-07-2004 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

For the past 2 weeks I'm losing my ip address very regularly and have to do an ipconfig /renew to keep going. Anyone else seeing anything similar? This is in Lucan btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

well i know this has nothing to do with broadband but a mate of mine has broadband with NTL and no hassles but they keep changing his home phone number so he's going back to one of the other telephone companys....he is sick of them......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭GavinKeller

I'm in lucan and my NTL broadband is working fine. My IP changes about 1 every 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

I am in Lucan too and for past 5-6 days the speed seems to have been more erratic than usual. Somtimes its very slow and other times its fine. Today its fine tbh and when I called yesterday the rep said that there were no faults in my area over the last few days. Losing my ip address isn't a problem I have had to endure yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

I am in Lucan too and for past 5-6 days the speed seems to have been more erratic than usual. Somtimes its very slow and other times its fine. Today its fine tbh and when I called yesterday the rep said that there were no faults in my area over the last few days. Losing my ip address isn't a problem I have had to endure yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

Got a temp fix for this today, it seems my signal isn't the strongest and the splitter they installed broke the camels back. It was fine for the best part of a year, but alas I no longer have TV upstairs and broadband at the same time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement