Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE's Direction

• 07-07-2004 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Who else thinks its time WWE chooses what road its going to go down....Family Entertainment or aiming it to its already core audience (in America) 18's - 35 year olds..I say if they want to appeal to familys they should lose all the risque story lines and return to oldin day wrestling with Gimmicks, proper matches that actually told a story in themselves and larger than life icons etc.... or go the whole hog in the other direction more women wearing less, more rock music entrance themes, More Hardcore and bloody matches and storylines to appeal to the 18-35 year olds! I was just thinking earlier today about how most my age when I was growing up were watching cartoons and stuff whilst I watched wrestling which I thought was great but then to think about what if it was like it is today...I have a feeling I wouldn't have been allowed to watch it or in the be the least bit interested in Lita being raped by Kane! (I hate that now too)...plus idolising wrestlers is kind of dangerous They die very young and often get addicted to every type of drug know to man...what does everybody else think?

Less Scotty 2 Hotty and more R.V.D!?
    Or More Scotty 2 Hotty and Less R.V.D!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I have always believed (quoting Animal and Hawk) that :"Wrestlings first audience was kids, and thats who it should be aimed at!"

Now, thats all well and good, but then they would loose the huge money spending over 18 ages crowd. People say that there isnt a solution. That BS! The soloution is simple.

The wrestling matches should be based around athletic rivalary firstly. Like Kurt Angle and Brock Lesner circa WM19, after a few matches, hatred will natural incure through cheating and losing. Very simple. That covers the upper section of the card.

Never underestimate the JOBBER! As we have some to know them, jobbers are the lower section of that card, that posess skill but lack the mind, or on camera pressence to make it to the top. WCW looked at the cruiserweight as the jobbers. No major angles, no predominent rivalarys, yet they always opened the show with a high flying bout! Cruiserweight in everyones mind is another name for a high flyer, so lets keep it that way. In all honest, no one wants to see a 185lber chain wrestle, they wanna see moonsault and 450s.

Gimmicks are a thing of the past. People wanna see AJ Styles, Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels wrestle in biker shorts, more then they wanna see a man dressed as a Chicken. Leave gimmicks to the luchadors and Japanese, their reason to wear flashy suits is justified!

Agknowledge the outside world. If some one trys to kill some one they get arrested. If some one is being blackmailed to have sex with someone, thats illegal. The wrestlers act like they arent on TV, why? Why not use that to their advantage? Its stupid and unrealistic...

All in all.. keep it real. Someone needs to send Jim Ross some TNA tapes :D

Thats what WWE has to do to get their major audiences back.
    Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I don't mean to undermine you Hanza because you seem to be the real deal (wrestling fan) but TNA is produced so poorly it makes ECW look like WWE. Its fine keeping it real but with guys like Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade (both talented and Athletic wrestlers who use their real life "personas") as an example of this in WWE it makes me want to weep, It would be a shame if gimmicks were done away with, no more Razor Ramons, Heartbreak Kids or Mr. Perfects. Though those gimmicks are mainly directed at kids I still find them amusing to a degree. Hurricaine was o.k with his "WHATS UP WITH THAT!!??" thing but its hard to take his wrestling seriously in that damn outfit...thats why I think they should go either way...If ya get me...sorry just read that back and it sounds all over the place but am to lazy to re-write

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Magnolia's right they need to go one way or the other or send one brand one way and the other in the oppisit. I think alot of people i talk to say they watched when they were younger but when they realised that it was fake they felt cheated and stoped watching it. Its hard for WWE to let people know its fake and that there not trying to insult peoples intelligence without ruining the the storie lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

No man, I totally see where you are coming from. But wither gimmicks are your thing or not, they do not work in this reality TV obsessed time we live in.

I just guess Im a vivid TNA fan, I love the product. Its what I look for in wrestling.

You are entitled to your oppinion.

Hanza

I'd like more Bad Ass Gimmicks like Stone Cold Steve Austin...not totally kiddish ones and if they want kiddish ones they should make them heels...I'd gladly watch the likes of Mr. Perfect or Razor Ramon today (Or even Doink! and his evil midget side kicks), even in this new generation transition period I'd feel they could exist and thrive. I'm not sure there was ever a period that I actually though it was real...I was influenced into watching it by my family in America, it wasn't so much Ohh My god they are kicking the sh!t out of each other that made me a wrestling fan it was the spectacle of it. If you tried to do a Hurricinrana in a real life situatuion you'd end up like Lita did...Broken neck because its not meant for "kicking @ss" its mean for the Flash.......What the hell ever happened to Flash Funk?...He was SOOOOOO FUNKY! Not!...yip all over the place again!

P.S We Want Midgets!!...Max The Mini's career may be dead...hell!, for all I know he himself is dead but he lives on.... in our heart and minds :)....Mini Mankind and Mini Vader...Ohhh how we laughed at the awkwardness of it all!...except Mini Goldust that was just over the line!.. A full grown man doing that kind of "thing" was Freaky but a midget doing it was too much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

dont forget the mini Hardys and mini Dudleys with there mini tables and mini ladders

I do forget them!...Did they actually have them?....How can I forget them!!...Midgets that I've forgotten!

Advertisement