Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a van to transport wind and surf boards

Options
  • 07-07-2004 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of buying a van to transport surfing and windsurfing gear for me and my significant other and I am looking for advice.

The gear will be a 2-3 boards (or more when mooching friends come looking for a lift) up to 3m in length with all the usual odds a sods like sails masts and so on. Typically we will be taking it our west from Dublin for weekends and maybe the odd week long trip.

Can people recommend particular makes/models? What should I look out for? Are there problems with tax or insurance to watch out for? And most importantly will I need to pass my test again to be able to drive the thing?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

Advertisement