Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sanz hoping to bring Baros to Madrid

• 07-07-2004 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

(From Ireland.Com Sport)
    07/07/2004: Real Madrid presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz claims to have reached agreement with three of the leading performers at Euro 2004, including Liverpool striker Milan Baros.

Sanz, who is looking to regain power at the Bernabeu after losing the 2000 election to Florentino Perez, insists he has reached agreement with Baros – the leading scorer at Euro 2004 with five goals.

He also claims to be on the verge of landing Baros' Czech Republic team-mate Tomas Rosicky, as well as Portugal midfielder Maniche.

Sanz said today: “I travelled to the finals of Euro 2004 to sign the players who shone the most.

“We reached an agreement with Baros, Rosicky and Maniche as well as recovering a player who would never return to Real Madrid with Florentino Perez there, Samuel Eto'o.”

Should he win, and at this stage he remains an outsider behind Perez, who is seeking a second term, Sanz intends to bring in three of the players immediately and Rosicky at a later date.

He added: “Baros and Maniche would be at (new coach) Jose Antonio Camacho's disposal from the moment I was elected president as would Eto'o who would return home and put an end to so many loan deals.

“We have an option to buy Rosicky within a year.”

Sanz claims to have discussed Maniche's transfer with his current club Porto but, crucially, has yet to speak to Liverpool about Baros or Borussia Dortmund regarding Rosicky.

His claims, therefore, may seem outlandish - but pledges to buy new players have always been at the cornerstone of election campaigns.

Indeed, Perez assumed power at Real Madrid based largely on his promise to sign Luis Figo from arch-rivals Barcelona.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hope he stays with the pool .....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

(from ireland.com sport)

07/07/2004: Liverpool’s Milan Baros has confirmed he has been approached by Real Madrid about a move away from Merseyside.

Real Madrid presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz claimed yesterday to have reached agreement with three of the leading performers at Euro 2004, including Liverpool striker Milan Baros.

"Real Madrid have made a concrete offer but it is still a question of discussions," Baros told Czech TV.

"It is only an offer. I still have a contract with Liverpool and go back there on July 19th."

Sanz, who is looking to regain power at the Bernabeu after losing the 2000 election to Florentino Perez, insisted he has reached agreement with Baros - the leading scorer at Euro 2004 with five goals.

He also claims to be on the verge of landing Baros's Czech Republic team-mate Tomas Rosicky, as well as Portugal midfielder Maniche.

Sanz said today: "I travelled to the finals of Euro 2004 to sign the players who shone the most.

"We reached an agreement with Baros, Rosicky and Maniche as well as recovering a player who would never return to Real Madrid with Florentino Perez there, Samuel Eto'o."

Should he win, and at this stage he remains an outsider behind Perez, who is seeking a second term, Sanz intends to bring in three of the players immediately and Rosicky at a later date.

He added: "Baros and Maniche would be at (new coach) Jose Antonio Camacho's disposal from the moment I was elected president as would Eto'o who would return home and put an end to so many loan deals.

"We have an option to buy Rosicky within a year."

Sanz claims to have discussed Maniche's transfer with his current club Porto but, crucially, has yet to speak to Liverpool about Baros or Borussia Dortmund regarding Rosicky.

His claims, therefore, may seem outlandish - but pledges to buy new players have always been at the cornerstone of election campaigns.

Indeed, Perez assumed power at Real Madrid based largely on his promise to sign Luis Figo from arch-rivals Barcelona.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is anyone worried or do people want him to leave, I'd probably prefer him to young michael on current form ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ronaldo Raul Morientes and some other south american lad and Glass ankles do they want all the top strikers?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's just a cynical exercise by Sanz who is trying to lift his flagging campaign to be Real Madrid president ahead of Sunday's election. He has no deal with the clubs or the players.

Having said that, as a Liverpool, I'd take any offer about £15million for Baros – sure he's had a good Euro 2004 but I'm still not convinced he'll ever make it as a top class Premiership player. All too often he just puts his head down and runs at defences, showing a shocking lack of awareness as to what's going on around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

In fairness he was not given much chance last season with injury and bench warming ... I was very impressed watching him in Euro's not just his goals but his runs and passing , touches etc.

Still though liverpool do not need to sell

hopefully they'll keep him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
Advertisement