Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Images Of Your Pride and Joy! (56k-ers beware)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

here is mine,

Audi A4, 97 1.9tdi , chipped, lowered on Koni Shocks, had to chance the alloys on it though , have smiths 16", it came with a 12 cd changer and a speed detector built in, would love a leather interior in it, :)

4olrp
    4ols5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

that detector any good Smithers?

aint took a radar hit on it yet, but speed cameras it gives me the auld beep alright!

have it the control built into the console with a wee fip door that can hide it so its pretty cool

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

given their legality and the fact that the avensis beside you has its reg displayed, it may not take too much effort to find you, so I wouldn't say too much!

ah spose ur right, not to worry ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

kbannon wrote:
    given their legality and the fact that the avensis beside you has its reg displayed, it may not take too much effort to find you, so I wouldn't say too much!
    I doubt the cops are gonna be arsed looking for someone with a lead like that. "Hey super intendendent, I got a suspect I'm chasing with a speed detector in his car. I know what the car looks like but the real clue is that I know the reg of some car it was parked beside, somewhere in Irelend, in the past two years", "Right so, bring him in and we'll beat it out of him"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18 downey

Here is me old 1.5 dual carb crx which i sold to get the 1.6 vtec below(which wont work so click the link!)!!
    normal_rex2.jpeg
    vtec

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

More in signature. :D

Kerry_2.jpg

204bhp 0-60 6.2 145+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Hi All,

all-new to boards.ie, but what better way to start posting than in this thread with this little special something:

ParkNo4.jpg

The pix is someone else's, mine's exactly the same with ltd ed no. 259/400.

1.8L
    135 bhp
    42k miles
    2nd owner (bought at 14k miles from first lady owner).

Not modded in any way - looks good enough to eat in stock condition, don't you think? Full leather interior, Chrome sill plates, walnut dash, Momo steering wheel, chrome 'flush' boot rack, chrome medium-bore exhaust, etc.

Will smoke a Lotus Elise on a good m'way (can't accelerate as hard, but the Elise bottoms out earlier at top-end) - tested in Belgium @ 130 mph+ :eek: (speedo).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Welcome onboard, we're mostly harmless! :)

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Same-o, same-o... I'm with the good guys!

Other car's a Scooby (wife's, we 'swapped' after our little one was born a short while back ;) ), pix sometimes soon. Impreza saloon 2L non-turbo, dark metal green 'Sport' edition, '97 and 61k, stock again aside from full stainless exhaust line + Yokohama directional tyres...

...me likes my cars somewhat 'special' - Golf / Astra won't do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vegeto

here is my corsa

front
    vent
    spoiler
    side

Yo KB can you clear something up for me? I see you car is a 2.5L yet the badge says 523i. I always presumed this meant it was a 2.3L engine? Like a 316 or a 318 is 1.6 and 1.8 litre respectively? I take it the i means injection?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

my mistake

With BMWs the i originally meant injection but nowadays means it is petrol (whereas d is diesel).
    There was a thread about this a few months back - the 323i/523i is a 2.5L engine but was detuned due to German insurance reasons and also because BMW figured they didn't want a this car being almost as powerful as the 2.8L 328i/528i.
    Most engines are higher than their badge indicates but I think this is also to do with the fact that the cars are becoming heavier and they want to retain a similar power to weight ratio.
    Finally, there is the marketing aspect to many of these - the current 520i is 2.2L but from a marketing perspective the 522i doesn't sound as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Here's ye olde thread on the topic of BMWs....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176753

DC.

fletch wrote:
    A 328 used to have a 3ltr engine, a 320 a 1.8ltr, 323 was 2.5ltr.
    the 320i has never had a 1.8L engine. The 1st 3 series (the E21, used 2L ingines (the M10B20 [with & without injection] & the M20). The M20 in the E30 (box shape 3 series) was also 2L as was the M50 engine used in the E36 (1990s shape 3 series. The current E46 began using the 2.0L M52 engine but now uses a 2.2L engine

Cheers for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

kbannon wrote:

I love your car!!

it's a beauty!!

can't wait till I'm 25 to get one!!!

a mate has one and they're a beautiful car to drive!!

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

...to BMW owners ;)

Is it me, or is this Forum very BMW-centric? What is it with the Bayerische Motor Werke, people? BMW-this, BMW-that :rolleyes:

The Clown Man's Alfa looks a $m - although I'd never buy an Alfa after the horrors of a mate of mine who had to change the whole rolling train at 60k on a 2.0 TS + the horrors of my last Italian car (Brava 1.6 SX).

thanks a lot smokey.
    Now, to try out this reputation lark!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

thanks a mil!!

I've always taught they were a sweet machine!!

I used to work in crosbie trans car and got to sit in and move some of the best flashest motors on the road but could never get a proper drive in one till a mate of mine got one then I fell in love!!!

{waynes world style} it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine!!!

{edit} now I see you've an E30 aswell!! OMG!!!!!

you're the man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Vegeto wrote:
    here is my corsa

front
    vent
    spoiler
    side

Its a bit of an ugly monster!

:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Enjoyed looking at your cars lads
    thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Vegeto wrote:
    here is my corsa

Sweet jesus :eek:

Thats um.....not nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

ok since this thread has been raised rom the dead, i'll repost my post:D
    newband wrote:
    This is what i drive unfortunately,,,

this one inparticular is not my piece of ****, but it's a piece of shít none the less :D

CB264328.jpg

But next year's when my fun begins!!!

maybe....

CB281090.jpg

or

CB262584.jpg

or

action_01_tcm46-13871.jpg

mmmmm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Some really nice looking rides on this thread. Especially the blue Corsa. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

KittyKat wrote:
    Some really nice looking rides on this thread. Especially the blue Corsa. ;)

ya know its really not ;) and isn't there supposed to be somethin on the front of it?? em, like a licence plate :confused: :rolleyes:

Advertisement