Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja Gaiden

Options
  • 07-07-2004 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

jaysus this game is hard. Started the day before yesterday and have put a few hours into it and I'm barely into the 2nd chapter. It took me about 12 attempts to get past the first boss.

I'm at the bit in the second with the guys running round me in circles on horses and am getting my ass kicked. If its this difficult this early then the rest can't be much better. Continuously reloading just ain't fun.

The game just seems excessively hard and i'm about ready to throw it down and load up The Chronicles of Riddick that i got the other day.

Any advice or am i just crap?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

no your not crap, the game is excessively hard but its a damn good game and one worth sticking at even if the boss's make ya feel like throwing your xbox out the window:) Your coming close to the 2nd boss and if you thought the 1st one was difficult wait untill you try this boss out lol! dont give up on the game tho, its well worth it if you stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

wait until you meet alma or the giant zombies or the tanks or the helicopter or the rocket launcher troops.......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's tough alright and unfairly so in my opinion. I don't mind a challenging difficulty level in a game, but the thing that really pissed me off was to beat a boss, scrapping by him with just a sliver of health left only for some nobody sword-fodder enemy to end your game because you're sent straight back into the action with the same health you had after the boss fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Ah fudge that! Anyone ever play the original on the Game Gear? I still have mine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wasnt the original on NES?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Arcade game , class game many a coin went into that machine.

ngaiden.png

Also included in Playchoice 10 for nintendo systems and nintendo 10 in 1 arcade machine.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Okay my bad there! Sorry i only ever knew of the Game Gear version...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the arcade version was a load of plonk. the nes version and the sequal were top stuff(3 was a bit crap).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought they were just faster rip offs of castlevania games. They were good games but the castlevania series was better.

Anyway to any of the whingers who think the game is hard they should try the old game. Chapter 5 I think has what i proclaim the hardest jump to make ever in a game.

Theres harder games out there. A hard game is no reason to give up on it. Ye have been softened by your continual use of quicksaving. Ninja Gaiden is so good it convinced me to buy an xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Am I the only one who finds it easy? Killed the first boss on my first go....

Second boss was trickier, but no problem really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I find the first boss to be the toughest but that was more so to my lack of experiance with control. By the time I had wandered through to the next boss I had the control system sorted. Many people make the mistake of just continous pressing of the x button. Look up the combo list and start trying them out. Some of them are really devestating and you are basically invulnerable whilst performing them. Also another thing that will help you out a lot is to jump all the time. If you jump about the place you are a much tougher target and if you have the jump and throw move you can take out enemies without even stopping for a second. Run around on the walls too. Use the magic often, a favourite of mine being the simple turn yourself on fire one. Provides great protection and also some offensive capabilities.

If all else fails www.gamefaq.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Learning how to block is really all you need.

Advertisement