Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Eric Douglas

• 07-07-2004 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

shamelessly nicked from popbitch...

back in the 80's Eric tried his hand at stand-up comedy. He had some success in Vegas and decided to bring his (frankly dreadful) act to London's glittering West End and have a stab at the 'alternative comedy' venues. So, - first night and he's about 2 'jokes' in and he starts getting heckled. Now,Eric was used to receiving respect and even adulation -purely because he was the son of one of America's best loved actors so was a little put out at the hostile reaction to his dated act. Eventually he snapped and screamed at the audience "You can't treat me like this...I'm the son of Kirk Douglas"
    After a very brief pause, a wag at the back of the audience stood up and shouted "No! I'M the son of Kirk Douglas"...then someone else stood up and shouted "NO! I'm the son of Kirk Douglas" etc.
    Exit poor Eric stage left, in tears, doomed to a (short) life of class A abuse. RIP the son of Kirk Douglas.

Advertisement