Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vandalised bike

• 07-07-2004 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

My mileometer and bicycle bell were stolen from my bike outside the side of Penney's off O'Connell Street. Why no camera there? There seems to be no camera on *any* of the bike stands in O'Connell Street, the street with the highest bicycle theft rate in Ireland. Why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

They had to move all the cameras indoors to the police stations in case the guys who steal the bikes tripped and sued the police for beating them up. Anyway the real victim is the guy who stole the stuff from your bike. He probably had an abusive childhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

He'd have an abusive teenhood if I got my hands on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Have you brought this up with the guards ?
    Might be an idea to do so.

Me tho, I'd say they will just laugh at you. Not because it's anything to do with you but I find this countries policeforce a joke at the best of times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Originally posted by luckat
    the street with the highest bicycle theft rate in Ireland.

Why the feck did you leave it there then?
    It's like leaving an open car then complaining when the radio gets nicked...

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

ah stop was doing a job for a client one time and only way to get to him was to cycle as parking was a nightmare....so on last day of job finishing there was aot of people coming out of his house as i normally wud bring bike in but couldnt cause of stuff being brought out so i left it right beside door under a honda 50 infact,i had only 30mins work left in house....

Went out after job finished and it was gone....done my head in... wouldnt mind but there was some walk up to front door from front gate too,was my best bike ever a Trek sports 800.....F**kers...i hadnt a lock with me at time,so i know i know i was asking for it......tried to get it on house insurance and they said i didnt record it....so big RATS,,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

my bike was stolen from outside my door while I was in with my mates playing the first level of tomb raider...their bikes were there too, but he took mine. I saw him on it a couple of days later in school, so I stole it back. it never felt the same, because he took all the stickers off...still can't play the first lever in tomb raider as it brings back the memories to the way I felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

twas me...
    heheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

im sorry i dont know what came over me...
    it must have been something in that hippy i ate.

Advertisement