Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom III inaugural deathmatch!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

So doom 3 is ready to be released then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Sorry, yeah, that was kinda my point, I reckon it'll be going gold and then shipping very very shortly. They seem to indicate that it will be out before the event so people will have at least had a chance ot setup their configs for it.

Oh god i hope my 2600xp 512meg of ram and 9800pro can run it :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

i how to god it isnt the **** netcode of q3 (i would like a chance of running it on isdn)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Joe, on the PC it is deathmatch and lastmanstanding onkly for on-line play, no co-op, so I wouldnt hold my breath for an awsome multi play experiance.... In fact I would probably say it will be rather poop on-line with a max of 8 players and no team games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

There is a map and mod for the leaked demo that has netcode in it , i thought they said no MP would be in the game at all it would be a single player game only. But i wouldnt hold out for good netcode, latest games are getting worse and worse for it.

kdjac

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

prolly coz most people who play online games throughout the world have broadband at this stage and the developers dont feel they have to try as hard to make the netcode good compared to the a few years ago when most ppl were on 56k/isdn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

*sobs* /me remince's about the days when my ISDN made me an LPB, now my ADSL is only average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Even if the net code is excellent, moving around a lot and using a weapon with a very high rate of fire will still be able to flood an ISDN link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by bizmark
    Oh god i hope my 2600xp 512meg of ram and 9800pro can run it :dunno:

i'm fairly sure it would, maybe not everything on max, but i wouldn't upgrade if i was you

• Advertisement

ya im pritty happy that it will run on my pooter its not like my pc is underpowered or anything

Advertisement