Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat knobs "lose" my bb trial application

• 07-07-2004 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

what a load of tossers. They ring ME, say i cant finally get broadband and offer me the 3 month trial offer, sign me up take all my details, which they have cause i'm using their anytime product and say "you'll have it within 3 weeks".
    I rang up the next day to make sure i could get it and got them to put down to send the modem etc to my work address. all was right with the world.
    That was nearly 2 weeks ago.
    No sign of the modem yet so i ring up to see if they have a date for when i'll be getting it...Yer wan on the phone then proceeds to tell me about how they have no record of my aplpication!! ffs, talk about incompetence! In fairness to yer wan, she said she's going to follow it up and ring me back.
    am completely pissed:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

It sn't the first and it sure as *** won't be the last time someone in esat messes up something in administration. They are a law unto themselves, and don't expect much wailing and gnashing of teeth if you complain, the reaction will be more along these lines, if there is any at all:

Monkeys.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

hey,

read http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165605

and see a few other ppl who had same problem...

i am one of those people

if you want to send me a PM and we can gather a few of us who this happened to and send our complaint to someone right to the top of IOL, I'm up for that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They lost my application as well.

I ordered on June 25th and rang them up today to see what the story was and see when they'll be able to deliver.

The one on the phone (Roxanne) said that I had no order in the database since we signed up for their netsmart service. She said she'd ring me back after 5 mins, but alas, she didnt. I rang back and she said she lost my number. Then she said it would take her until tomorrow to get back to me.

I simply told her that it was their fault for losing the application and that if they want me to pay for this service, I should get modem after the 15 working days as originally quoted or else I'll take my money elsewhere.

She then said that the orders department finish at 4pm (I called at 4:30) and that she wouldnt be able to contact them until tomorrow.

I told her to just make it happen and that I'll be calling tomorrow to check up!

Not letting them **** about with me again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

They really are morons. I've had broadband since last november and they still haven't bill me for a cent. Incompetent muppets.

Originally posted by sixpack's little hat
    They really are morons. I've had broadband since last november and they still haven't bill me for a cent. Incompetent muppets.

You lucky sod! Esat often charge me twice for my telephone bill :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

they just happened to lose my letter to cancel nolimits as well
    so continued to charge me
    its why i was stuck going to eircom for dsl
    utv no good for games
    esat awful billing department

looks like im stuck with eircom for the forseeable future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Did you guys get an email of order Confirmation as follows? If so - let me know cause I want to call up and see if they Have my application!

Dear x ,

Thank you for applying online for IOL Broadband from Esat BT on 014xxxxxx. This
    email is
    to acknowledge that we have received your application for IOL Broadband and
    confirming
    that you have provided the following information:

Name : x
    Address : x
    email : x@x.COM
    Eircom account number: x
    Method of payment: Direct Debit

Your order is currently being processed. The activation process normally takes
    15 days,
    but due to the great success of our '3 Months Free Trial' promotion we are
    expecting the
    order process to take a little longer and estimate that you should be activated
    withint 20
    working days.

When your account is active you will receive an activation letter and your Self
    Install pack

Note: you will need the username and password you gave on your application to
    complete setup

If for any reason your order is delayed, there is a problem with your line, or
    there are any
    queries with your application we will contact you. If you have any queries
    please do not
    hesitate to contact us at sales@iol.ie

Thank you again for choosing IOL Broadband. We look forward to bringing you
    great savings and
    service very soon.

Yours sincerely,

IOL Broadband Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by sixpack's little hat

hope none of those morons are browsing boards right about now

;)

shin

Originally posted by shinzon
    hope none of those morons are browsing boards right about now

;)

shin

Why - It'll make them aware of the problem. In fact, someone should send them this link :rolleyes:

I'm only suggesting, you know... after I get a crowd behind me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i never got a conformation email. in fact they never even asked me for an email address when they took my order over the phone!
    they still billed me for another 2 months of the anytime service though.

and did you know that your trila period starts from when your line is activated, not when you get your modem and log in the 1st time!!! so that means you could be weeks into your trial period before your up and running.
    :mad:
    Sent: 09 July 2004 16:08
    To: xxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: Thank you for choosing IOL Broadband from Esat BT

Good Afternoon xxxxxx,

Many thanks for your email. Please be advised your broadband service is active and your modem dispatched via SDS Distribution. To arrange for delivery or collection please contact SDS Distribution on 1890 370 370 quoting your reference number xxxxxxxxxx .

Please be advised that the trial begins from the date that the service is first made available to you, meaning the date that your line is activated for the broadband service. Your line was activated 23rd June.

For help with further queries in relation to our products please visit our improved website and find answers to your questions Right Now at http://bt-esat.custhelp.com.

Kind Regards,
    xxxxxxxx
    Residential Sales
    Administration
    sales@iol.ie
    1800-923-923
    Esat BT
    Grand Canal Plaza
    Upper Grand Canal St
    Dublin 4

note: not sent to me but to a guy i know who signed up for it too.

• Advertisement

They only send you a confirmation email if you sign up online.

Anyway to continue my takle of woe:

This morning, I rang them and the guy said it will take another 15days... even tho they'd lost my application!

I rang back and another guy said that they couldnt find it and that I'd have to reorder.

I rang back tonight and they said they were busy and would ring me back... They never did! I rang them again and the person was ready to take our order but then she said that it was 7pm and that they were closing.

I sent off an email to them and then called their customer care. I got a call back 15minutes later and he said that he couldnt help me, but that the Sales department are open on Saturday from 10am - 5pm (even though this isnt advertised).

I then took a chance and tried to order online, but then it said that I had already applied for the service and couldnt continue to order online!

What a bunch of incompetant fools!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Esat and NTL the most incompetant companies in the country from a customer support perspective * ..don't think many would disaggree

*Bitter ex snl'r here billed long after disconnection, horrible experiences with NThelL too..but that seems to be the way NTL do business everywhere..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Mutz
    Why - It'll make them aware of the problem. In fact, someone should send them this link :rolleyes:

I'm only suggesting, you know... after I get a crowd behind me ;)

Well it also makes them aware that he hasnt been billed since last november :rolleyes:

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Black_Omen

Hey Guys i work for BT BroadBand ireland. We share the same system as Esat Bt (as far as i know). When you ring tell the agent that your accounts have not been activated nor have you recieved notice of the line/actt status and you want them to contact Wholesale. They are the department who deal with the actual line activation

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    They only send you a confirmation email if you sign up online.

Not true Murderer - I ordered it by phone and got and email back saying:
    Dear x ,

Thank you for applying online for IOL Broadband from Esat BT ....

Don't know what they're at - but maybe this is the standard. phoned them yesterday and they have my application and said the target line activation should be on the 15th (*me hopes*)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pretty bad ISP then eh. They didnt handle there dialup offer of FREE internet after 6 very well either.

- Sully

As an update...

I rang them yesterday, and yet again was transferred to numerous amounts of people. All sensed a problem and didnt want to have the hot potatoe, also it was approaching 5 and they were due to go home.

Finally some guy (Johnny) answered and said that our order was probably in the process of being processed and thats why they didnt have the application on file.

Im not sure whether they have it or not. Everyone keeps telling me different things and im not sure who to believe. I'm going to ring them tomorrow to check it and finally get an answer off them because I have nothign else better to be doing¬!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I'd bug them like mad, if you haven't recieved a conformation letter via the post && they can't see it then it probally doesn't exist, so bug them like mad and ask to speak to supervisors/managers.

You can enjoy the lovely 2 month wait then that i've had....fun :rolleyes:

Well I got no less than 3 phone-calls today from EsatBT reps. All of which who promised me that they'd call after they found my application.

Well they had and I should have BB in a week now as the application began being processed on July 8th!

Advertisement