Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod Mini in Ireland for €269

• 07-07-2004 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

The Ipod minis are in Ireland now for €269 from the Irish apple store just updated today. I just ordered myself one :DThe Apple Store Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Ach! could you be bothered getting raped by Apple? when you could just do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Jut got my self a Creative Labs 60GB NOMAD Zen Xtra MP3 WMA Player last week for €300 its damn good amazing being able to carry your entire collection around with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What other player are available with similar (better) spec and for a round the same spec?
    I like the way it's small and 4gigs is plenty for me even thou i'd be able to fill it several times over.

Jozi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Screw the overrated Ipod, get one of these like I did and don't look back!!!

Sound quality is absolutely amazing as well - trust me. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Everyone's say they are good alright.
    I like the small size of the mini i-pod, never seen one or the i-river thou.

Jozi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Giles
    Screw the overrated Ipod, get one of these like I did and don't look back!!!

Sound quality is absolutely amazing as well - trust me. ;)

looks very intresting giles.....

me might purchase one....

i like the fm tuner dealie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I've got one of these bad-boys but i dropped it in college and now it just squeeks and buzzes when i turn it on and won't load up.

Anyone know anywhere in dublin that would fix one of these (preferabely in the city centre area)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

can't you send it back to amazon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

nah i only used amazon to show yis the description.

i got it off some other uk website and i cant find any documentation for it or anything so i cant remember where.

it was quite a while ago. the yokes been discontinued and all by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

email them and ask them if they have a place you can send it, or they have "contact" in Ireland that fix their products.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish
    Jut got my self a Creative Labs 60GB NOMAD Zen Xtra MP3 WMA Player last week for €300 its damn good amazing being able to carry your entire collection around with you.

With the Creative can you sort by artist THEN album? As in I scroll through my artists, come to Sonic Youth, click the scroller and it expands to show me 11 albums which I can then scroll select though, or can I only search for albums through the album scroll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I ordered one of these, should be here monday morning !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001FAP7W/qid%3D1089286972/026-6043485-0429254
    Whoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

good news, you can buy replacement batteries for the irivers. This was something that was bothering me about their players

http://www.pdainternalbattery.com/irivermp3battery.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

what the hell would you need an FM tuner for when you've got 40 GB of music????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

The FM tuner on my IRiver 550 CD MP3 is brilliant.

I never expected it to be so good, most 'digital' tuners are noisy affairs with poor sensitivity, this one isn't.

BTW they are good when the battery is low but you still want music.

tribble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Originally posted by tribble
    The FM tuner on my IRiver 550 CD MP3 is brilliant.

I never expected it to be so good, most 'digital' tuners are noisy affairs with poor sensitivity, this one isn't.

BTW they are good when the battery is low but you still want music.

tribble

ok... good answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sometimes I just dont want to pick music to listen to - In that case I turn to the radio :) Doesnt happen often but now and then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

With the Creative can you sort by artist THEN album? As in I scroll through my artists, come to Sonic Youth, click the scroller and it expands to show me 11 albums which I can then scroll select though, or can I only search for albums through the album scroll?

You can scrool through artist, album or genre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Think I'll just buy a mini for around 180eur when I'm in America next month...seems like the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just get it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by joe_chicken
    ok... good answer!

You also might want to hear the news. Which I often do if I'm on the bus or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

you cant beat the mini for size/weight
    Size: 3.6 inches by 2.0 inches by 0.5 inches
    Weight:3.6 ounces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

What if you have a 150 GB collection, and growing... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Where can I get the 60g Zen for €300. I have been wanting to get one for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

The iriver may be good value ,but lets face it, the ipod looks far better ;) .And besides,irish radio stations have more adds than music (slight exaggeration i know).I've had my 10gb ipod for a year and a half now and am well pleased with it .I don't have the battery problems others have had either.Still , €269 for the ipod mini with only 4gb seems a bit over the top :(

Originally posted by leuler
    Where can I get the 60g Zen for €300. I have been wanting to get one for a while.

Ebay's your best bet, although I think Amazon are doing them cheap enough.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I've got that bulky 20gig MOS jukebox. I don't think I've ever used over 6 gigs of it at once. I reckon the I-pod mini is the best buy because 4gigs is like at least 60 albums. Most people wouldn't need more than 60 albums at one time. then again.... i've got 350 albums so i might as well have 20gigs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i got the mini from ebay 3 moths ago...

[comic book guy] BEST PLAYER EVERRRRRRRRRR [/comic book guy]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I have a Rio Karma, and it's great. Best sound quality I've heard off pretty much anything, plays loads of formats, easy to use, long battery life and it's a good size too (20 gigs but it's only 2.7"x2.7"x.9"). Heres what I said about it one day when I was very bored.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158449&highlight=karma

• Advertisement

My Nomad arrived today, it's lovely. Currently transferring 30gb of music onto it. Could be here a while.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Is it possible to transfare your collection back to your harddrive from any of these players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Originally posted by thesteve
    What if you have a 150 GB collection, and growing... ;)

Is there that much music in the world!!!?!??

Originally posted by Lenny
    Is it possible to transfare your collection back to your harddrive from any of these players?

With the Nomad, Yes, very easily, and unlike the Ipod you're not limited to syncing with one computer, so you can use it as a back-up. you can transfer files to and from any computer which has the software installed. and a simple crack lets you do it without the software (device shows up as a removable hardrive). Not sure about the iRiver. As far as I know with the ipod it is theoretically possible, but you have to set it as a portable hardrive and not as a player while you transfer the files, and this can only be done from the computer it is synced too. so if you want to transfer files, you can't listen to music with it until you've transferred them and brought it back to your computer again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Don't take my word for it, but from what I understand about the iRiver it is possible, as Windows recognises the iRiver as just a portable hard drive, so you can transfer back and forth at will.

Advertisement